Homeless

If this is true.. what does it mean? As a straight shooter or however you imagine yourself to be, does it make addiction any less real? Does it make sleeping on concrete ok, cos they're druggies. Are you saying that the majority are somehow swindling us? The givers? That most are taking advantage of our silly emotions?

It means that society isn’t necessarily ALWAYS to be blame for every person, there’s obviously some people who have fallen through and have been let down but there’s a lot that are constantly off their faces from what I can see from being in Manchester every day.

I was in Chicago once and walked out of a pizzeria with a to go box. A homeless person asked me for some change. I offered the rest of the pizza to him. His response was “what’s on it?” When I told him he said “no thanks”.

Thanks to him, I only offer food or beverage now.

But I still donate to local charities.

I was in Chicago once and walked out of a pizzeria with a to go box. A homeless person asked me for some change. I offered the rest of the pizza to him. His response was “what’s on it?” When I told him he said “no thanks”.

Thanks to him, I only offer food or beverage now.

But I still donate to local charities.
Was he a vegan?

Do you have any statistics or specific experience to counter what I’ve said?
you need stats to understand human nature and be empathetic to people so broken they are sleeping in doorways? you seem to have a i'll pick and chose which homeless person i feel for,or maybe you don't give any of them a 2nd thought

It means that society isn’t necessarily ALWAYS to be blame for every person, there’s obviously some people who have fallen through and have been let down but there’s a lot that are constantly off their faces from what I can see from being in Manchester every day.

It's uncontroversial to claim people make bad decisions.. if you understand addiction, you'd see that the lives they live aren't their choice.

you need stats to understand human nature and be empathetic to people so broken they are sleeping in doorways? you seem to have a i'll pick and chose which homeless person i feel for,or maybe you don't give any of them a 2nd thought

No I wasn’t talking about empathy, you’ve just brought emotions into it.

I was specifically talking about what causes them to be there.

There’s actually a geezer selling the big issue on king street and I always give him loose change if I’ve got it.

It's uncontroversial to claim people make bad decisions.. if you understand addiction, you'd see that the lives they live aren't their choice.

You’ve always got a choice.

I’m not one of those that says “fuck all addicts it’s their own fault” but I’m also not in the camp of saying they bear absolutely no responsibility, because they fucking do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.