City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

A group of 3 in block 306 left at 82 minutes yesterday and I shouted over to fuck off and not come back if that’s their attitude. I just don’t get the attitude of fans these days and it is completely at odds with the title of Don Price’s new book

And just what gives you the right to tell other match going blues to 'fuck of and not come back'?
Just who do you think you are?

A group of 3 in block 306 left at 82 minutes yesterday and I shouted over to fuck off and not come back if that’s their attitude. I just don’t get the attitude of fans these days and it is completely at odds with the title of Don Price’s new book
There`s only one with an attitude !!!!
Who the fuck do you think you are shouting abuse at three total strangers.You have no idea as to why they are leaving early,nor the circumstances.They`ve paid their money and its fuck all to do with you.

Yes I agree, if it was back to the old 3pm on Saturday I would stay to the end.

Trouble is we do not get many of the old regular kick off times and getting away from the Stadium is like being in a third world country.
But what is the rush to get home

Why bring the title of a book up .with the fact people leave early .it up to them what they do

I really do believe that the constantly changing kick off times has a huge influence on the empty seats situation.
The 5.30 kick off time is a nightmare if you have a family or plans to go out in the evening. A lot of season ticket
holders (including myself) just choose to watch the game on TV. Going to football games is a habit. Not going to
football games is also a habit and it is very easy to do. The changing kick off times from 12.30pm, 4.00pm, 5.30pm
3.00pm (very occasionally) prevents people from having a routine and making concrete plans. As does the constantly
changing days on which the games are played. Saturday, Sunday, Monday also Fridays it prevents people from making plans.
So they decide that the inconvenience to them and their families is just not worth it so give the game a miss and just watch it on TV.
Same with early leavers. If you are going out on a Saturday night you may need to get back home at a certain time. The only way to
guarantee that you do is to leave early rather than run the risk of being trapped in the car park or traffic for ages.
It's not just at City that this happens. It happens at every other single Premier league ground - bar none.
Football is now designed and organised around TV schedules and not for the match going fan.
The fallout of this is the above. You reap what you sow.

But what is the rush to get home
Exactly, anyone working Saturday night would have an excuse but other than that I just don't understand the rush to get home .I watched the Birmingham derby yesterday and after the final whistle the Villa fans stayed behind and celebrated singing don't look back in anger, it was brilliant to see and hardly anyone ducked off early .

I really do believe that the constantly changing kick off times has a huge influence on the empty seats situation.
The 5.30 kick off time is a nightmare if you have a family or plans to go out in the evening. A lot of season ticket
holders (including myself) just choose to watch the game on TV. Going to football games is a habit. Not going to
football games is also a habit and it is very easy to do. The changing kick off times from 12.30pm, 4.00pm, 5.30pm
3.00pm (very occasionally) prevents people from having a routine and making concrete plans. As does the constantly
changing days on which the games are played. Saturday, Sunday, Monday also Fridays it prevents people from making plans.
So they decide that the inconvenience to them and their families is just not worth it so give the game a miss and just watch it on TV.
Same with early leavers. If you are going out on a Saturday night you may need to get back home at a certain time. The only way to
guarantee that you do is to leave early rather than run the risk of being trapped in the car park or traffic for ages.
It's not just at City that this happens. It happens at every other single Premier league ground - bar none.
Football is now designed and organised around TV schedules and not for the match going fan.
Depends on your priorities, I make going to the game my priority, I work all my other social activities around the match . It's not difficult but if you don't grow a pair and let the the other half dictate then I can see where you are coming from .

When the fixtures come out in June I highlight, in blue of course, the entire weekend - Friday evening to Monday evening, not knowing what fixture will be on which day, or what time. I turned up for a 3pm on Saturday!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.