Las Vegas - Helicopter Flight to Grand Canyon

RIP to those who lost their lives in today's crash. Same tour company as the one that went down in 2001(?) apparently, but in terms of the number of flights it's probably a very low percentage.

I'm going there this summer, hopefully, but there was never any way I was going in a helicopter. Going by bus to the South Rim and staying the night, I think.

I did this with my mates a couple of years ago. I looked up Grand Canyon helicopter tour crashes on google a couple of days before we were going on the tour and they company that we were flying with had an accident a few years earlier. I was shitting it for the whole trip. Not keen on helicopters at all, if the engine goes you’re fucked. At least a plane can glide. I do the same when flying, I always watch plane crash investigation a couple of days before I’m flying somewhere.

One thing I would say after going on one of these trips is that do not be cheap! We went cheap for our tour and it wasn't as good as I hear from others and the helicopter was a rickety old thing that probably saw action in 'Nam

I was at the canyon back in November and the whole point of seeing it is watching the colours change as the sun moves, watching the sunset and hiking down one of the trails. I can see why a helicopter trip is quite exciting but you're not really seeing the place at its best.

I was at the canyon back in November and the whole point of seeing it is watching the colours change as the sun moves, watching the sunset and hiking down one of the trails. I can see why a helicopter trip is quite exciting but you're not really seeing the place at its best.

Depends on how much time people have. I was only in Las Vegas for three days and that was the best way to get to see the Canyon.

Accidents can happen, but I wouldn't let this put people off. It is a very good day, albeit extremely expensive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.