Do you really believe the league is over...?

This league is over. I understand City fans not wanting to celebrate too early, but this title has been in the bag since October. I also think you'll break several records that Chelsea are currently the holders of;

Most goals scored - Record is 103 by Chelsea in 09/10. City currently on 79 with 11 games left.
Most points - Record is 95 by Chelsea in 04/05. City currently on 72 with 11 games left.
Most wins in a season - Record is 30 set by Chelsea in 16/17. City currently on 23 with 11 games left.

One record that you will not be breaking, and will not be broken by anyone for a long, long time is goals conceded. Chelsea conceded just 15 goals in the entire 04/05 season.

Overall, this will be a record breaking season for you guys, and if you can follow it up with another title next season, whilst also wining the CL this season or next season, I would argue there is a case for this City team to be the best in PL history.

How you would you guys prefer to end the season. Win the title at home vs United, or win it before and have United and Mourinho give City players a guard of honour? I suspect it is the former :)

Yeah been excellent, the commitment and endeavour shown by the manager and the players has been outstanding.
To be honest I don't think it will be over before we play the Rags and I don't care about a guard of honour or shit like that. Hopefully we can win another 1 or 2 but this depends on a lot of factors.

There biggest issues are the central defenders, fullbacks and Carrick. Also, Sanchez is totally unsuited to Utd's defend deep and hit on the break style. He holds the ball up to long. I'm so glad we didn't get him in this respect - it would take a season to get him out of his bad habits.

Last edited:
I'm an eternal pessimist, and even I can't see us not winning it from here.

If we have the start to the season we’ve had this season I’d imagine it would be around about the same time in the season as this thread started. Guess it would also depend on how the opposition were doing if any of them had managed to keep pace with us or if they were even further behind than what the rags have been so far this year.

One game at a time is a top motto and is why we are where we are now. I’m still spending endless hours working out which ground and game will be the one where it becomes mathematically done!
Each to their own I suppose. I'll continue to just take this season game by game, it's about all the energy I can put into our season.

When we've won it we won't get the credit we deserve. No doubt rags will be giving it "city have unlimited funds" bollocks.

Asif they are buying £100 000 players.

I'm an eternal pessimist, and even I can't see us not winning it from here.
Ditto. After Utd's defeats to Spurs and Newcastle it became a question of When rather then if. Even City can't totally feck up 6 times more than Utd or (realistically) 7 times more than Liverpool in 11 games.

It will be interesting to see how Foden develops when he gets a real run of games in the league before the end of the season.

It is extremely hard to limit mistakes during a season, set pieces, penalties, freekicks. Conceding under 20 goals is an extremely tall order. If anyone is going to break it though, it would probably be this City team. Please don't though. Stripping us of all records, we've set over a period of 15 years in just 2-3 seasons is humiliating.

Records are made to be broken. It's still there in history, whatever.

The most important thing for City & for Chelsea is to continue trying to make history, now & in the future, rather than living in it, like Utd & Liverpool.

I don't really care about the guard of homour thing, or in particular winning the title v the rags, although it would be fun.

I would however, greatly enjoy helping dump them out of next season's Champions League.

Doubt it. They renewed him less than a month ago.
They are going to spend unbelievable sums this summer before the FFP 2.0 barrier comes down.

What is FFP 2.0?
I keep hearing about it but no idea what the new rules will be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.