Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking back at who has refereed the league cup final before (and therefore wont do so again) and who refereed the semi finals (who generally wont then get the final) i think we're left with 3 choices for the final...

Madeley
Pawson
Moss

There are others, like swarbrock, atwell, east, jones, mason, probert, scott, tierney but dont think they'll be trusted with a final (some of them ever, some of them not yet!)

My money would be on Pawson though. he's considered the more senior and was 4th man in the league cup final before madeley and ref in the charity shield before madeley too.

looking back at who has refereed the league cup final before (and therefore wont do so again) and who refereed the semi finals (who generally wont then get the final) i think we're left with 3 choices for the final...

Madeley
Pawson
Moss

There are others, like swarbrock, atwell, east, jones, mason, probert, scott, tierney but dont think they'll be trusted with a final (some of them ever, some of them not yet!)

My money would be on Pawson though. he's considered the more senior and was 4th man in the league cup final before madeley and ref in the charity shield before madeley too.
Hopefully Scott.

It’s of little consequence but just shows how poor some refs are. In the first half yesterday City had a few kick a yard to a yard and half from the touch line. Jones put the ball down walked 8 paces and then drew a line with his white spray. To the right you could see the marker for the 10 yards for a corner - it was obvious he’d put the wall back 7 1/2 foot at most. As a professional ref he must know what 10 yards looks like?

Yeah, that was right down in front of us FOCs in CBL3. We remarked on it just the same. He put the marker down in line with the notch that marks ten yards from the corner. Had the free kick been on the line he would have been right! Trouble was, it was two yards from the touchline. Poor fellah was harassed! He makes a cock up of something as simple as that, complete with a visual aid to help him out. What's he gonna do when it's a trip inside the box? Oh, er, yeah, he's gonna book Kun for diving!

Madeley
Pawson
Moss

It’s the lineman we have to worry about it’s Riley playing his Joker

Yeah, that was right down in front of us FOCs in CBL3. We remarked on it just the same. He put the marker down in line with the notch that marks ten yards from the corner. Had the free kick been on the line he would have been right! Trouble was, it was two yards from the touchline. Poor fellah was harassed! He makes a cock up of something as simple as that, complete with a visual aid to help him out. What's he gonna do when it's a trip inside the box? Oh, er, yeah, he's gonna book Kun for diving!
I counted his steps (which are not a yard) all of ours were 8 or 9, most of theirs were 10

I counted his steps (which are not a yard) all of ours were 8 or 9, most of theirs were 10
I always count the refs steps at free kicks for us. Even if they take 10 steps they are not steps of a yard and the last two are usually half steps. If I review them on the box later the camera shot invariably changes. Not sure if the cameras change for other teams I will have to look at that in the future. Maybe someone else knows the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.