Homeless

biggie that mate. I don't know, I'd love to fix it for our city.
I am not having a go but whilst people use the words" it's their own fault" we have no chance of making any headway.
we could go down the line of cutting Trident, foreign aid aid etc and invest in our streets but like I say its a biggie.

I posted on here I few years ago about the "rock bottom" I reached, no alcohol, no drugs just a collapse of a person who was once flying high. ok I came out of it but believe me my family never got wind of it until I could face them. they still have no idea.

Fair enough.

I’m certainly not one of the blaming every homeless person brigade, I just don’t agree that it’s always society’s fault, to me it’s a bit of both and then the factor of some people not being able to beat their demons.

Living and working in town and being stuck in the bubble of your own day-to-day finances I feel like there’s barely anything I can do apart from giving the odd bit of change, which I do to big issue sellers.

Fair play for opening up about your own issues, looking back do you feel there was a chance you could have actually become homeless?

Fair enough.

I’m certainly not one of the blaming every homeless person brigade, I just don’t agree that it’s always society’s fault, to me it’s a bit of both and then the factor of some people not being able to beat their demons.

Living and working in town and being stuck in the bubble of your own day-to-day finances I feel like there’s barely anything I can do apart from giving the odd bit of change, which I do to big issue sellers.

Fair play for opening up about your own issues, looking back do you feel there was a chance you could have actually become homeless?
I was homeless once.....luckily I had my car to sleep in.....not a great experience washing in the toilets at work and having a bad neck from the car

Fair enough.

Nobody ..... but nobody.... who was sane .... would make themselves deliberately homeless....

Fair enough.

I was homeless but I found a hostel in Ashton. I ducked and dived both before and during that time. I consider. Myself a confident and strong character but for the life of me I couldn't ' stop what was happening to me. Anyway. Just saying it can happen to anyone.
The best bit I suppose is the recovery and where I am now. That episode taught me so much.

You think you are safe, you think you are untouchable, well you aren't.
Next time you, or anyone, walks through town take a second to count your blessings.
I do.

I was homeless but I found a hostel in Ashton. I ducked and dived both before and during that time. I consider. Myself a confident and strong character but for the life of me I couldn't ' stop what was happening to me. Anyway. Just saying it can happen to anyone.
The best bit I suppose is the recovery and where I am now. That episode taught me so much.

You think you are safe, you think you are untouchable, well you aren't.
Next time you, or anyone, walks through town take a second to count your blessings.
I do.

What many don't realise is the real fact that divorce for many men is often a one way road to life on the streets.

I've been divorced but was lucky in that my parents were both alive and i had a home and bed to go to when most in need but for many, they have fuck all and as a single men they are literally at the very bottom of any council list when it comes to a home or flat and they have no option but to hit the streets.

What many don't realise is the real fact that divorce for many men is often a one way road to life on the streets.

I've been divorced but was lucky in that my parents were both alive and i had a home and bed to go to when most in need but for many, they have fuck all and as a single men they are literally at the very bottom of any council list when it comes to a home or flat and they have no option but to hit the streets.
on the money.

Many don't realise this ..especially those with supportive families

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.