Our left hand side.

Bizarre, cos he’s fucking hopeless at it. I always feel when he gets the ball wide on the left, he’s got too much time to think (his Achilles heel) instead of playing instinctively and at pace as he does on the right. He’ll occasionally wriggle in behind on the left, but far more usually he recycles it backwards or overruns the ball straight into the defender. The loss of Sane really unbalances us (given that we’re also missing Mendy), cos Bernardo is far better suited to the right for different reasons as well, as I would argue is Diaz. Need Leroy back sharpish

Sane also expressed a preference for the right when he joined. I think wingers always say they like to play inverted because they get the odd spectacular goal. I’m glad Pep doesn’t stick with it because we play packed defences, and we have to get round them and pull it back.

I’m still haunted by that time we tried SWP on the left and Petrov on the right for a couple of games. Bloody hell.

I said this at weekend, I think pep doesn’t want Bernardo and Zinchenko on the same side as neither are particularly quick.

On the left he plays Sterling for his speed

On the right walker is obviously quick so allows a slower winger to play without too many issues.

This is obviously just what I think is happening

I’m no expert

Sane also expressed a preference for the right when he joined. I think wingers always say they like to play inverted because they get the odd spectacular goal. I’m glad Pep doesn’t stick with it because we play packed defences, and we have to get round them and pull it back.

I’m still haunted by that time we tried SWP on the left and Petrov on the right for a couple of games. Bloody hell.

Petrov on the right led to *that* superman volley.

Petrov on the right led to *that* superman volley.

Good shout. And David White used to cut in from the left and fire into the near post sometimes.

But I think it's best used as a tactic part way through a game if things are getting predictable or to test a weak full back. Prefer right on right and left on left most of the time.

I said this at weekend, I think pep doesn’t want Bernardo and Zinchenko on the same side as neither are particularly quick.

On the left he plays Sterling for his speed

On the right walker is obviously quick so allows a slower winger to play without too many issues.

This is obviously just what I think is happening

I’m no expert

It must be this, Bernardo seems utterly wasted there on the right and Sterling isn’t quite the same on the left.

Pep doesn’t even swap them for a bit during the game like he does with Sane and Sterling.

It must be the fact Zinchenko and Bernardo would be too slow together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.