Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch Arsenal explode if it is Dean!!!
As someone in a long term relationship with a Gooner who is well aware of how he referees their games, I wouldn't blame them in the slightest, he really hates them for some reason. Possibly the finish to the 89 season?

That said, I wouldn't want Dean refereeing anymore than Taylor or Mason, just give us Atkinson, Scott or Oliver, at least they'll be neutral.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/uefa-champi...tructs-referees-to-do-more-to-protect-players

UEFA has told referees to protect players better by clamping down on serious foul play in European club competitions.

With the Champions League and Europa League set to resume this week, UEFA's chief refereeing officer Pierluigi Collina has asked officials to take firm action against players who commit reckless challenges.

The guidance comes less than a fortnight after Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola asked English referees to look after the game's "artists" by dealing with dangerous tackles more harshly.

In a statement, Collina said: "We need to have players playing, so they must be protected on the field.

"We do not want situations where a player's future is put in doubt because of serious injury caused by a challenge, whether it is intentional, or is unintentional and the player making the challenge is taking a risk of causing injury.

How about the fouling player being banned for a period lasting two weeks longer than the fouled player is out - lifetime ban for career ending foul - at least that would make them think. Also if fouled player has to be taken off during a game following a foul, so does the fouler. I would like to see the possibility of this type of punishment at least discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.