Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video of the soccer saturday pundits after we signed Kevin De Bruyne...

You'd think a pundit could at least acknowledge that an older, more mature and better De Bruyne playing for a Man City side that likes to play football is a far cry from a younger, less mature, not as good De Bruyne playing for a defensive minded team that doesn't like to play expansive football.

Danny Murphy said he’s the best passer of the ball who has ever played in the premier league. I’m inclined to agree.

I don’t think there’s many other players in the world who could play a pass of similar quality for our second goal yesterday. His first assist was brilliant, too.

He’s been a revelation since making the switch to a deeper role. Pep deserves a lot of credit for De Bruyne’s brilliance this season.

I agree, he's a hybrid of Gerrard and Beckham to me and that's the best of the both of them put together.

The PFA voting will finally be exposed for the broken system it is when Kane/Salah wins POTY over Kevin and he ends up as a Balon d'Or finalist.

His assist for agueros first(?) where he bent it behind the defender in front of him yet got it in front of the others in the box was filthy.

Edit; it was this one

I don’t know how he see’s that pass working. From three tiers up, there doesn’t seem to be a pass on. He’s on the pitch with several Leicester players in front of him and delivers an inch perfect pass. Only Messi can come up with something like that.

I don’t know how he see’s that pass working. From three tiers up, there doesn’t seem to be a pass on. He’s on the pitch with several Leicester players in front of him and delivers an inch perfect pass. Only Messi can come up with something like that.

99.9% of other players would whip it accross with the left foot or outside of the right. Many would put in a fantastic cross. What De Bruyne had done is take away any possibility of a defender playing it away from goal. It's undefendable for me. Opening your body up and side footing it accross was simply brilliantly.

You've underrated him :(

I feel people dog on Beckham far too much, he had a fantastic delivery and strike on him and started for Man Utd and Real Madrid but you add Gerrard's athleticism, desire and ability to counter quickly to Beckham's range of passing and shooting, you get De Bruyne. I feel combining Gerrard and Beckham's skills into one, to create a single player is high praise myself and whilst KDB's footballing intelligence is higher than both, combining the 2 cancels that out. I actually don't think anyone plays anything like De Bruyne in today's game, unique player. Hope I've made a solid case or I'll continue to get Pelter's no doubt! Haha

Edit: The more I think about it, I'd still prefer KDB over a Gerrard/Beckham hybrid so maybe I'll revise this to, who De Bruyne reminds me of whilst being simultaneously superior than.

Last edited:
I feel people dog on Beckham far too much, he had a fantastic delivery and strike on him and started for Man Utd and Real Madrid but you add Gerrard's athleticism, desire and ability to counter quickly to Beckham's range of passing and shooting, you get De Bruyne. I feel combining Gerrard and Beckham's skills into one, to create a single player is high praise myself and whilst KDB's footballing intelligence is higher than both, combining the 2 cancels that out. I actually don't think anyone plays anything like De Bruyne in today's game, unique player. Hope I've made a solid case or I'll continue to get Pelter's no doubt! Haha

Edit: The more I think about it, I'd still prefer KDB over a Gerrard/Beckham hybrid so maybe I'll revise this to, who De Bruyne reminds me of whilst being simultaneously superior than.
It is high praise... But like you've captured in your edit There is just that extra to Debryune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.