Do you really believe the league is over...?

Now what are the odds we get UTD in the QTR final???

UTD 3rd April 1st leg
UTD H 7th April
UTD 10th April 2nd leg
Spurs A
You think Utd will beat Sevila? They only beat them in the Europa Cup last season because Nasri missed two sitters.

Last edited:
Anyone else pissed in Basel reading this ?
It’s done game over finished
Stop panicking it will happen
Goodnight

That's my problem, so many years watching city I voted for a Leicester win yesterday. With mahrez making a return I envisaged a last minute winner. If we were 30 points ahead with 10 to play I would still have squeaky bum syndrome if we lost the next game. Unfortunately for some of us, it's bred into us!
I get it. It wasn't very easy to see matches over here until 2007/08 so I haven't suffered with City like some of you guys. But I certainly have suffered as a sports fan, my Phillies are the losingest team in all of professional sports and have only won two titles since 1883. In 2008 they won the World Series and I remember being at the game and not thinking they had a chance until they got the last out of the game. Looking back I should have realized that they were a team of destiny but years and years of being a doormat wouldn't let me.

We've seen two championships since the takeover but one of them was excruciating to say the least and the other required a Gerrard flub and a last day win. I remember wishing they could just put it away and make it easy on us and I'm telling you this is absolutely the year. I'm as negative a fan as you can find and rarely can imagine a scenario that my team will win but this City team is way too good to doubt. The cups are never a guarantee because you only have to have one unlucky day to get bounced and European teams have a huge advantage in the CL but Kompany will be lifting the PL trophy. There is tons of room for error and City just aren't set up to choke.

I get it. It wasn't very easy to see matches over here until 2007/08 so I haven't suffered with City like some of you guys. But I certainly have suffered as a sports fan, my Phillies are the losingest team in all of professional sports and have only won two titles since 1883. In 2008 they won the World Series and I remember being at the game and not thinking they had a chance until they got the last out of the game. Looking back I should have realized that they were a team of destiny but years and years of being a doormat wouldn't let me.

We've seen two championships since the takeover but one of them was excruciating to say the least and the other required a Gerrard flub and a last day win. I remember wishing they could just put it away and make it easy on us and I'm telling you this is absolutely the year. I'm as negative a fan as you can find and rarely can imagine a scenario that my team will win but this City team is way too good to doubt. The cups are never a guarantee because you only have to have one unlucky day to get bounced and European teams have a huge advantage in the CL but Kompany will be lifting the PL trophy. There is tons of room for error and City just aren't set up to choke.

On target to secure the highest points tally in a 38 game season which if achieved will be very difficult to match again in the next 50 years.

Maybe the club sensed that this could be a special year which is why a documentary on the season will air next year if not in summer of this year.

The chasing pack are slipping up week in week out.

Each week at least one of Chelsea , Spurs , Manure, Liverpool or Arsenal are dropping points and I can see this continuing until seasons end.

Its now got to the point where 84 points even less will secure he title this year which is about par for the course if you look at the history over the past 30 years.

In fact I think only three times this century has the side finishing second secured more than 84 points , Spurs being the last one with 86 last season.

It strongly suspect now that 82 points will be enough but I will stick to 84 for now. It certainly won't be more.

Spurs and Chelsea wont reach 80 points this year and Liverpool only need one loss or two draws to finish on 83 or 84 points as the case may be.

We certainly won't need the 6 wins some people are saying to secure the title at the very worst we will need 4 and that figure could reduce once we get into the last 4 games I suspect.

Lets just see how the chasing four who all play each other in a manner of sorts in the next 7 rounds take points off each other.

In 2012 we caught up 8 points in six games. So that's 1-1/3 points per game.
The equivalent would be catching up 16 points in 12 games and the rags only have 11 remaining.
It's not over mathematically, but it is in every other sense.
As an aside; was Devon Loch still increasing his lead in the 1956 Grand National more than two thirds of the way through the race?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.