Las Vegas - Helicopter Flight to Grand Canyon

My mistake about the train. My parents have done it and are taking my children this spring. They stay in Sedona the night before they catch the train. I've always just assumed the train left from there. Thank you.

So essentially, he just dumbed it down for a mob of 14 year old boys that wanted to know what it's like to be an army helicopter pilot. :)
The road from Sedona to Flagstaff is a bit like the Snake Pass on steroids. Very scenic but you wouldn't want to be driving it on a wet, windy night.

I stand to be corrected by any experienced light aircraft or chopper pilots but would imagine that there can be some very tricky aspects and potential problems flying in the vicinity of that Canyon, all kinds of down drafts, ridge lift ect.

I know someone who flew a Vulcan down it once, but he managed to fly one all the way to Port Stanley and drop a bomb on the runway. Quite a good pilot apparently.

Again happy to be corrected but if there were 50mph winds around as reported then the helicopter probably had no business being anywhere near.

Tragic whatever the cause.

Last edited:
The lead cop says the rescue team couldn't get there by air due to high wind/weather conditions; Does make you wonder if it was safe to do the tour....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.