City ask for hearing with PGMOL over 9 tackles

Collina was the best referee that ever "graced" a football pitch and one of the very few football people that got promoted to higher office based on their integrity and ability . It is superb to hear his "reminder". Maybe it will make the rileys of this world realise they need to rethink their incompetence/bias/brown envelopes

This is UEFA telling Riley to get his house in order. Basically telling UEFA referees to protect all players, so the flair players can do their stuff in a safe environment. What can be worse for example, for someone like Dungodan with his injury record, running with the ball knowing that hackers have full licence to recklessly bring him down from behind, at the risk of a caution at worst? It must affect his game.

If Riley doesn’t get his act together, his referees won’t be going to any more World Cup or UEFA tournaments. They have already lost out on the WC this year, and they can’t be happy with that. If they have any professional integrity, they themselves should be talking to Riley about this, or even ignoring his weak leadership and going it alone.

Riley’s days as Head of PGMOL must be numbered. When was the last time he made a public statement so that the footballing community could scrutinise the actions of this charges, and call them to account? It just doesn’t happen.

I can't claim to know about this, would you kindly inform me?
From Wikipedia....

However, a dispute emerged between the federation and Collina early in August 2005, following Collina's decision to sign a major sponsorship deal with Opel (also advertising for Vauxhall Motors in the United Kingdom – both are owned by General Motors). As Opel was also a sponsor of Serie A club A.C. Milan, the deal was seen as a major conflict of interest, and Collina was disbarred from refereeing top flight matches in Italy.

I got the Fiat bit wring but knew his deal was relevant to a big Italian club.

This is UEFA telling Riley to get his house in order. Basically telling UEFA referees to protect all players, so the flair players can do their stuff in a safe environment. What can be worse for example, for someone like Dungodan with his injury record, running with the ball knowing that hackers have full licence to recklessly bring him down from behind, at the risk of a caution at worst? It must affect his game.

If Riley doesn’t get his act together, his referees won’t be going to any more World Cup or UEFA tournaments. They have already lost out on the WC this year, and they can’t be happy with that. If they have any professional integrity, they themselves should be talking to Riley about this, or even ignoring his weak leadership and going it alone.

Riley’s days as Head of PGMOL must be numbered. When was the last time he made a public statement so that the footballing community could scrutinise the actions of this charges, and call them to account? It just doesn’t happen.

Whose Riley’s boss who would sack him?

From Wikipedia....

However, a dispute emerged between the federation and Collina early in August 2005, following Collina's decision to sign a major sponsorship deal with Opel (also advertising for Vauxhall Motors in the United Kingdom – both are owned by General Motors). As Opel was also a sponsor of Serie A club A.C. Milan, the deal was seen as a major conflict of interest, and Collina was disbarred from refereeing top flight matches in Italy.

I got the Fiat bit wring but knew his deal was relevant to a big Italian club.

I remember that - but he'd reached the mandatory retirement age for internationals anyway, and from memory he was just seeking a nice payment before he retired, so he wasn't too bothered.

He's the only referee I've ever seen being applauded by fans during his warm up, that's for sure!

I remember that - but he'd reached the mandatory retirement age for internationals anyway, and from memory he was just seeking a nice payment before he retired, so he wasn't too bothered.

He's the only referee I've ever seen being applauded by fans during his warm up, that's for sure!
He was without doubt a brilliant ref but must have had a brain like a pea or shit advisers, he could have waited until he'd actually finished before cashing in.

I'm not sure who Riley's boss is. Maybe he is the head of that organisation and there is nobody above him. But the PL and FA could easily apply pressure and threaten to go elsewhere for referees, if they felt his organisation wasn't up to standard. That would force him out. They could set up their own PLPGMOL. All Riley's referees would jump ship in order to continue.

I'm not sure who Riley's boss is. Maybe he is the head of that organisation and there is nobody above him. But the PL and FA could easily apply pressure and threaten to go elsewhere for referees, if they felt his organisation wasn't up to standard. That would force him out. They could set up their own PLPGMOL. All Riley's referees would jump ship in order to continue.
Riley is a Director of PGMOL, an organisation which is funded mainly by the PL and FA therefore both of those organisations have an influence over how PGMOL operate. City in turn are shareholders in the PL (albeit there are 19 other teams that are also sh/holders). As you say, it would need a concerted effort from the PL to change things drastically and I genuinely can't see that happening as it would need all clubs to agree. I actually think the club are taking the most appropriate action which is to keep it in the public eye until Riley self regulates his band of clowns (there are a few exceptions to that).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.