Russian Plane Crash

I'd rather be in one loaded with tons of fuel than one that isn't?

Flying is magnificent. Most magnificent things come with some element of risk.

I think this crash broke a run of 400 days or so without a single commercial fatal accident, last year there wasn't a single one.

Look at the same statistic on the roads and I bet the run has already been broken this morning.

Speaking of the very few crashes, the main niggle for industry is that the majority of them are completely preventable.

I think this crash broke a run of 400 days or so without a single commercial fatal accident, last year there wasn't a single one.

Look at the same statistic on the roads and I bet the run has already been broken this morning.

Speaking of the very few crashes, the main niggle for industry is that the majority of them are completely preventable.
I agree. Its all about perceived risk.

More people will die this year as a result of choking on their corn flakes reading about the rags (either through uncontrollable laughing or crying), than will die in plane crashes

You're right of course, but statistics have always been manipulated a little bit to make it look reassuring. The roads/air example is a good one, as the safety is usually quoted as revenue passenger kilometres divided by incidents and given that aircraft travel much longer distances, it looks fantastic compared to the roads. If you do it by journeys undertaken instead, it doesn't look quite so favourable.

No biggie of course, it's a very safe means of transport.

I agree. Its all about perceived risk.

More people will die this year as a result of choking on their corn flakes reading about the rags (either through uncontrollable laughing or crying), than will die in plane crashes

yes but choking on corn flakes laughing at the rags is a better way to go than in a plane crash.

I seen one on a Greek/Cypriot airline, someone fucked with the pressure and they all fell asleep, stayed on autopilot till it ran out of fuel and crashed. All because of one persons fuck up.

Will have to watch that Polish one, will shit me up no doubt!

Yes I’ve seen that one. Least they were all unconscious. Wouldn’t have known anything.

The Polish one is all about Pilot having too much authority and trying to land in very poor conditions.

They don’t tend to shit me up. I hated flying but watching this has actually made me feel safer as almost every accident is followed by new safety measures being introduced.

Don’t watch the Air France into the sea on the way back from Brazil though! That one did shit me up a bit and put me off flying at night.

Yes I’ve seen that one. Least they were all unconscious. Wouldn’t have known anything.

The Polish one is all about Pilot having too much authority and trying to land in very poor conditions.

They don’t tend to shit me up. I hated flying but watching this has actually made me feel safer as almost every accident is followed by new safety measures being introduced.

Don’t watch the Air France into the sea on the way back from Brazil though! That one did shit me up a bit and put me off flying at night.

My uncle was the captain of a boat in Brazil, he was meant to be on that flight however he failed his medical was at retirement age. Madness!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.