city semi final 80/81 v lpool

When grey disallowed the reeves goal I remember grey allowing Liverpool taking a quick free kick as the city players were celebrating, they broke into citys area and I think Nicky Reid or Tommy Caton Sussed it and managed to put it out of play, the one thing that really baffled me was grey was urging Liverpool forward waving his arms, if ever their was a more sinister officiating in a really important game I’ve only seen by Riley at Trafford pizzagate

Seem to remember the fab3 of Bobby M, Tommy H & Gerry G being unavailable as they were cup tied.

I was there both legs..we were robbed big time..cheers Alf grey you woman.
who scored our goal in the second leg i was also at liverpool i thought it was Bennett BM goes with Reeves but interestingly in Reeves History he never scored a goal for us in the league cup

I went to both legs too. We played 'em off the park at Anfield, think Dave Bennett hit the bar in the second half which would have put us 2-1 up. Scousers were quiet up until a few minutes from the end, they were nervous and knew they were in a game, City's support was brilliant that night. Remember big Joe Corrigan coming over to us in the corner after the game to applaud us, this was in the days when it wasn't something that was routinely done by players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.