Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only one player (somehow I don't count Messi cause he really is from another planet) that I've ever seen with this kind of big-game, team-wide impact and that's Zinedine Zidane. He would make the whole team he was playing in play at another level. He would consistently make the best possible pass that would often not even come up in the heads of other players. The teammates would make runs they would otherwise not make, because they know they can always get the ball right at their feet from anywhere on the field. Big game, small game, no matter, Zizou could do it anywhere anytime. Like Zizou, De Bruyne is a one in a generation kind of player. We had Zizou, now there's De Bruyne. He is the first player that I've seen that I can confidently put in the Zizou bracket. Pirlo, Scholes, Modric, all of them are top quality players, but none of them can provide quite the added value to a team then the likes of Zizou and De Bruyne. Anyway, that's just my 2c.

Last edited:
Guti x Totti x Kaka(ac milan) for me

Guti for his vision and passing in the final 3rd
Totti for his being able to do everything off either foot
Kaka for his direct powerful dribbling/ball carrying
Where is the defensive hurstle?

Watching him since arriving here has been an absolute pleasure, especially since Pep.

My only slight concern is that if he carries on (or, let's be honest,just maintains) his form, will be clubs starting to sniff around. He seems completely happy here and a grounded lad, but the if the likes of Barca, or more likely Real come knocking, would his head be turned?

I'm a blue and love living in this great city, but even if I was on £150,000 a week playing in this young magnificent side, if one of those 2 were interested I'd struggle to turn them down.

Watching him since arriving here has been an absolute pleasure, especially since Pep.

My only slight concern is that if he carries on (or, let's be honest,just maintains) his form, will be clubs starting to sniff around. He seems completely happy here and a grounded lad, but the if the likes of Barca, or more likely Real come knocking, would his head be turned?

I'm a blue and love living in this great city, but even if I was on £150,000 a week playing in this young magnificent side, if one of those 2 were interested I'd struggle to turn them down.
Slight case of icklecityitis there.

;-)

Worry not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.