2019-2022 Premier League TV Rights

wonder when the PL will get concerned, realise that boring, negative counter-attacking sides like Chelsea and Leicester are costing them money and they need to promote the glamour and entertainment of Pep's City and push teams to follow our style in the name of entertainment?

You would think they might come to that conclusion but since Sky have the lion's share of the matches it's not going to happen. I saw their post match roundup of Saturday's games and you'd have thought someone had died. Very poor broadcasting really. They're killing the game with their negative attitude to City, who are the best advert the PL has got.

Sorry that was bein sports show, not Sky.

Last edited:
Sky could not win all the games from BT. A monopoly is outlawed.

The unsold midweek games include the Boxing Day/Christmas fixtures and can be spread over as many days and timeslots as they can get away with.

The others unsold are for three sets of ordinary midweek games where all teams play now on Tuesday or Wednesday. These can be played on any mid week to maximise the slots but will obviously mean some games simulcast. As there are not as many days as over Christmas break to play with and you cannot really have games in more than one timeslot on a day as you can over the holidays - with three or four slots on Boxing Day alone.

On an ordinary mid week it will be a game on Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday - so just 3 slots showing multiple games in these slots at the same time.

So the holiday fixture set is the best unsold one as that will likely involve showing most games and few if any on at the same time.

This is why these midweek slots have not been sold yet. They are not very lucrative given you will split your audience with several matches on at once.

Sky cannot win both of these still to be sold midweek/holiday packs. Only one as they would then be at the maximum games they are allowed to have. BT could win both,

Last edited:
BT has already agreed a new deal with UEFA.

Good, as we have BT, but not Sty.
I have both,bt half price as i have sky broadband,i haggle on both all the time,i only ever watch our games streamed if we are not on tv as i can't be bothered with other teams games that way,i watch every game on tv so it is really worth it to me,trouble is i'm in front of the telly 10 mths of the year lol

This don’t seem right?!

By that means if we are on tv 10 games with this new deal we will be 93m down that’s a big drop.

d8b480ed6c932a7c51c7ad36c9b68999.jpg

https://apnews.com/99bc3744a1594d25966b9a0b6dbb3168

Sky and BT are actually now paying about the same per game, On the current deal Sky are paying a lot more than BT.

Sky have every first pick at weekends but BT have most second picks so Sky will not have the option on the last day of the season of showing every title winning possible game if teams are close. BT could end up showing the title winners if Sky pick the most likely and it goes to the second mst likely winner that BT can pick. Ditto with relegation. At present Sky have most first and second picks so are all but guaranteed showing all the decisive matches on the last day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.