FC Basel V Manchester City - Post-Match Thread

Haha. Why are people arguing? We just won 4-0away in the champs lg v a team who have beaten the scum, the chavs and the dippers over the last few seasons. Oh you silly silly Billy's

Time will tell , this club is a different animal with Pep in charge in comparison to Pellers and Bobby's tenures , no disrespect to our previous great managers , but Pep and Khladoon will not rest until we have won everything in sight , and i really am struggling to find a negative about our club (even the queues at the turnstiles are bearable now :), which is why, like you , it boils my piss to see unneccesary nit picking in a 4-0 european away win , whilst ignoring the sheer overall brilliance of the team.
I think we are a brilliant team. I just want to think about how we can improve further, it’s my natural tendency (which has served me well in my profession, mind). I think a certain bald Catalonian might agree with us both, though. ;-)

Can we all just be friends & celebrate another win?

Now look here Henry Fucking Kissinger, there's no room on here for reasonable comments such as that, pick a side pal, you're either on Team Sloppy or you have actually watched a game of football at some point in your life...time to choose.

First English team to win at their ground I believe...

tumblr_p4402l78po1tf8a5ao1_400.gif

Sublime!

Here's my opinion: they scored zero goals.

What's your opinion -- if we'd been better, they would have scored negative 2?

FFS. Shoulda, woulda, coulda -- you sound like Arsene Wenger.

Seems there's zero discussion.

Is Kompany rusty or finished. His partnership with Otta or the progression towards Stones and Laporte. Is Mendy enough without quality backup as Delph isn't up to it.

These are the sorts of interesting discussions that could be had when talking about trying to improve after tonights performance when anybody can see that Basel could easily have had three goals. Instead it ends up a farcical discussion.

Ah well.

Is the argument “if we had conceded two goals, as we could have at the end, we would have stepped up again and scored two more to sustain the 4 goal margin going in to the second leg”?

If so, ok, I can see that side. I just don’t think the way we dropped off and relaxed was necessary. We can do better when closing out matches, even whilst shifting down in the gears to allow us to conserve energy. We have done better and against better sides at that.

But perhaps you are right about giving it a rest as it seems there doesn’t seem to be much appetite for that discussion. I’ll let it go.

You do realise that if we conceded the first chance then the game from that point takes a different path? this seems pretty obvious. I think my earlier comments gave you too much credit.

Now look here Henry Fucking Kissinger, there's no room on here for reasonable comments such as that, pick a side pal, you're either on Team Sloppy or you have actually watched a game of football at some point in your life...time to choose.

You see life isn't like that. You aint happy or sad most of the time you are somewhere inbetween.

Fair enough. I can see that side. I think we could have done better, though, and I am sure we will in the next round, assuming Typical City does rear it’s ugly head in the return. ;-)
We better had, pissed off I didn't go to this I'll not miss the next round assuming we get through, still should be a good weekend for wembley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.