Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
so assured and inspires such confidence.... one of the reasons where we are this season

De Gea is a great traditional keeper.

Ederson is re-inventing goalkeeping.

I know which I'd rather have, De Gea wouldn't last 10 minutes in our side, Ederson would fit in and do perfectly fine at the rags.

Why? De Gea's distribution was quite good whenever I have watched him.

He impressed me every game. There were occasional positional issues but I think you accept that when he’s so excellent sweeping up those long balls. What really impressed me is his concentration. He often has nothing to save for most of the game then pulls off a crucial. His coolness with the ball
is outstanding.

Why? De Gea's distribution was quite good whenever I have watched him.

De Gea's distribution is poor. He's in a system where he's not asked to distribute much, but still leaves something to be desired. He ends up hoofing it whenever the CB's get pressed, he rarely dares a chipped pass to the fullbacks or defensive midfielder like most keepers these days would do. He's the equivalent of the midfielder who passes sideways or backwards 5-10 yards constantly but has 95% pass completion.

David Preece is on the Football Weekly podcast every now and then, and while I don't really think he's all that as an analyst, he summed up De Gea really well in saying he's a goal line keeper. He's the best in the world on his line, but he's still not the best at coming for crosses (that's cost United a few goals this season) he's shite at any kind of mopping up/sweeping, he's not a great distributor.

This is why Neuer is better, and why a keeper like Ederson will be seen as better once his shot-stopping gets enough attention, which always takes a few seasons by virtue of him not facing many shots.

Has to start the cup final for me. I know Bravo has done ok in the other rounds but this guy makes all the difference.

De Gea's distribution is poor. He's in a system where he's not asked to distribute much, but still leaves something to be desired. He ends up hoofing it whenever the CB's get pressed, he rarely dares a chipped pass to the fullbacks or defensive midfielder like most keepers these days would do. He's the equivalent of the midfielder who passes sideways or backwards 5-10 yards constantly but has 95% pass completion.

David Preece is on the Football Weekly podcast every now and then, and while I don't really think he's all that as an analyst, he summed up De Gea really well in saying he's a goal line keeper. He's the best in the world on his line, but he's still not the best at coming for crosses (that's cost United a few goals this season) he's shite at any kind of mopping up/sweeping, he's not a great distributor.

This is why Neuer is better, and why a keeper like Ederson will be seen as better once his shot-stopping gets enough attention, which always takes a few seasons by virtue of him not facing many shots.

De Gea is a great keeper and every summer I hope Real go for him, I think around 90% of managers would choose him ahead of Ederson. However, I think Pep is one of the ones who would go for Ederson for obvious reasons. Mourinho for example would not want this more risky strategy, so I find it easy to understand why he would want the better shot stopper.

We're just lucky we have Pep! He just sees it different to most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.