CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

Shouldn’t the question be, who from any of the clubs to qualify for the quarterfinals, would want to be drawn against “CITY”???

I can see all the DOF’s at the draw, crossed fingers, lucky tie, lucky underwear, eyes closed tightly and a repetitive mumble of please not CITY!

I was brought up to believe “Typical City” meant doing the unexpected, the ridiculous, could be good or bad.

So scoring 100 goals and getting relegated, “terrorising Europe”, paying £1m for Steve Daley is Typical City, but then so was the Dickov moment in 99, beating Leeds 4-0 twice when they won the league, having a disappointing first season under Pep and then breaking all known records the season after with near enough the same team, the Aguero moment in 2012 are all Typical City too.

Some people seem to use the phrase “Typical City” to mean we’ll do something shit, but that was never my understanding of it’s true meaning.
I’m with you, mate. The notion that we always fucked it up when it mattered, even when we were shit, simply doesn’t bear any scrutiny - yet this has become many City fans’ accepted definition of the phrase.

Now now; come on folks. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We're not there yet. We could lose the second leg 5-0. The failure to press on and get the fifth goal last night may be the undoing of us.

Shotswan1.jpg

A perfect draw for me would see us playing either Porto or Chelsea

Dippers , we need to put them in their place , its long overdue , i know we stuffed them in the League Cup Final , but the Champs League is their Holy Grail.
Errr. Not quite. Yes. If a stuffing is winning on pens after two hours of football. A second leg at Anfield would be as Pep says " complicated " .

Really though if we are too win the thing we should fear no one.

Actually Man U over two legs would hold little fear than say Roma away etc

Obviously I wouldn't want a team that is likely to knock us out.

So I wouldn't want Barcelona as they are better than us still and Liverpool as they raise their game and have the style to frustrate us. Other than avoiding those two I'd be happy.

Besiktas would be my preferred opponent if they qualified as they are the weakest team left after Basel.

I want the weakest side left in........United
It's a cup competition - combine it with a Derby and anything could happen. We should win such a tie, but it wouldn't be nailed on. Those games never are, so why give our rival an opportunity to salvage their season?

Logically the only answer is Sevilla, even if it is highly unlikely as they are a very poor side. The only thing going for them is that they have some experience of these types of games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.