Ian Darke - Do You Rate Him?

CityInWashingtonState

Team supported
Manchester City is my team - until I fucking die.
I absolutely do not.

He's a regular for US MNT broadcasts - partnered typically with Taylor Twellman. In such partnerships, Twellman will often need to step in to correct some erroneous comment by Darke.

Moreover, Darke's narrative is just disjointed. For example, in the SKY BT broadcast of City v. Basel, Darke went on and on about how it's a "funny ole game" when Basel failed to capitalize on its first half scoring opportunities whereas City's all ended up in the back of the net. But as soon as we've scored 3, his commentary completely changes - we're dominating the game - toying with Basel, etc., etc.

So which is it? The scoreline flatters us (at least somewhat) - or we're crushing Basel from start to finish?

To top it off - he's just not exciting/witty/engaging - boring commentary, sometimes wrong, needing to be corrected by the color commentator.

In a word - dreadful.

Last edited:
Should stick to commenting on boxing, he's not so awful at that.

Typical droning, stats mad, rinse and repeat bore. Great commentators know when to analyse the pivotal moments and when to STFU. Suppose it doesn't help having to work with Cock Savage.

Oh and do you know that Basel should've had a penalty and that the German National Team Manager was at the game?

Should stick to commenting on boxing, he's not so awful at that.

Typical droning, stats mad, rinse and repeat bore. Great commentators know when to analyse the pivotal moments and when to STFU. Suppose it doesn't help having to work with Cock Savage.

Oh and do you know that Basel should've had a penalty and that the German National Team Manager was at the game?

I'm still not entirely sure why the general media consensus is that Basel should have had a penalty. Obstruction in the penalty area is still an indirect free kick is it not?

Said it last night, knob. Reads off a badly researched crib sheet. Would much rather have just crowd noise, who needs commentators?

He's a wanker,proper old school now,he was one of the main commentators when Sky first came on,then he was shipped to the boxing,then gets a gig with BT,that tells you everything about them as well,reminds me of that Saggers on Talkshite,not much like for City the pair of them

Awful commentator, gets facts wrong, should have stuck to boxing. As a sidenote his co commentator the Afghan hound couldn't praise us enough last night, Robbie savage loves us again.

I seem to be in a minority of one. His commentary has never struck me as being overtly biased against us, and unlike that c**t Tyler who toes the party line with his funereal reaction to City goals, Darke at least has the decency to sound excited about us from time to time. Far worse out there in my opinion.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.