How many points to win the league?

I don't care so much about 100 points because it will be extremely difficult for that to ever be reached in England, but I would like us to break both of Chelsea's points and goals scored records. 96 points would mean 24 from a possible 33 remaining. That is very possible.

Lets just imagine

Basle return leg - lose 1-0
Last 8 - draw away win at home
Last 4 - draw away win at home
Final - win

Fa Cup -
Last 16 win
Last 8 win
Last 4 win
Final win

League Cup final - win

League - win 3 draw 5 and lose 3 - enough to make us Champions

So potentially - 11 wins 7 draws and 4 losses in all competitions and we could be Quadruple winners!!

Lets just imagine

Basle return leg - lose 1-0
Last 8 - draw away win at home
Last 4 - draw away win at home
Final - win

Fa Cup -
Last 16 win
Last 8 win
Last 4 win
Final win

League Cup final - win

League - win 3 draw 5 and lose 3 - enough to make us Champions

So potentially - 11 wins 7 draws and 4 losses in all competitions and we could be Quadruple winners!!
Scary stuff WW, the match day threads wouldn't be a place for faint hearts with only a 50% win rate.

Thread started a long time ago so the following comments are "in hindsight"... but....

The league is virtually over - not mathematically so, but it would take a monumental collapse of form on our part coupled with perfect play from the Scum not to win the league this year - not happening.

More interesting to me (at least) - will we break the 100-point barrier? Especially if we actually do win the league early on and then can rest top players for other cups?

I think priority should be cup competitions once league is secured rather than running up points total. It would be good if we break some points and goals scored total but not at expense of another trophy.

Exactly. Domestic treble is a very realistic target, and that should give this team the "reverence" in years to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.