UEFA seeding swizz

I'd love to win the fucker this year and then our owners say stick your corrupt competition up your arse,I know it would never happen but could you imagine the fallout of the reigning champs telling them their a bunch of corrupt fuckers and we want no part of it.

Just to show how corrupt UEFA are, in the1975 European Cup between Leeds United and Bayern Munich the performance of referee Michel Kitabdjian was highly suspect in that he allowed some absolutely brutal fouls on Leeds players, denied two blatant Leeds penalty appeals and chalked of a screamer of a long range goal off from Peter Lorrimer. Indeed throughout the match it looked as though he was taking instructions from Beckenbauer.
It was later proven that Michel Kitabdjian took bribes - though there is no proof of a bribe for this game. Have UEFA done anything about it? Err no.
UEFA are corrupt to the core.

Should we get to a Champions League final the same thing will happen. No matter how well we play.

Our dear FA have been silent all the while. Aren't they supposed to look after our interests? When the president of the Spanish FA, tells lies about us, they say nothing. So RM get extra points for corrupt wins in the 50's. Tell us about Di Stefano, Mr President..... he was a Barca player refused registration unless he signed for RM. Corrupt then, corrupt now.

Uwe Rosler, to answer your question we will still be in pot 2 the answer is no. I am not sure if it is the Champions of the top 5/6 leagues go automatically into pot number 1, from next season. So we will be in pot 1, and stay there as long as we either win the league or win the champions league.

Last summer the 8 clubs in pot 1 have been the title holder plus 7 champions from the leading 7 leagues due to UEFA 5-yr country ranking.
As Real Madrid were title holder and won their league, Donezk took the last spot as Ukranian champion, 8th in the country ranking.

Yes, shocking, isn't it?

It's very similar to the "we are more responsible for the wealth generated and should have a bigger slice of pie" that the top 6 PL sides tried using for overseas TV income last year.

Still furious City were part of that, given how UEFA treat them.

Uwe Rosler, to answer your question we will still be in pot 2 the answer is no. I am not sure if it is the Champions of the top 5/6 leagues go automatically into pot number 1, from next season. So we will be in pot 1, and stay there as long as we either win the league or win the champions league.

Pot 1 = Top 7 league champions plus holders, or Top 8 league champions if the holder wins their own league.

It's been this way for a few years now.

I think Top 7/8 is based on country ranking in club competition as of the year before (so for 2018-19, it's based on the rankings in 2016-17). Mostly it makes a difference to Netherlands/Russia/Ukraine as to who's 7th or 8th.
Also, what St Pauli wrote!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.