United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Pogba can hope for is PSG - they might be able to accommodate him in a crap league.

Best Pogba can hope for is PSG - they might be able to accommodate him in a crap league.
It'll be a gamble him going there as I can see it being Mourinho's next destination in all honesty, an easy ego massage after having it severely dented since his return to England

Real would never buy Pogba. I can’t imagine any club would after his performance this season especially considering rags would ask for at least the fee they paid.

Good news for everyone is pogflop is stuck where he is. He’s on sky high wages and is now disrupting the dressing room.

Can see him at one of the Milan clubs for a knockdown fee.
De Gea's situation is tenuous to i think. He is 27 now and possibly has 2 big transfers in him but if he gets to Madrid i think he will want to retire at that club due to his missus and personal circumstances. To be fair they have managed to keep him a lot longer than i thought albeit due to Real being happy with Navas.

Everything about them currently smacks of a ship with lots of leaks. The more they push the more water leaks in. Unless Woodward realizes the way they buy players needs to change then nothing else will for them.

Looks like the season is catching up with them, not having the depth to rotate. They looked leggy and tired against Newcastle, they haven’t really been put under any pressure for their league position so far up until now.

Time will tell if Sanchez will be a bad purchase but shunting Martial to the other wing to make way for him looks like it’s caused unrest with a player who does have a nack of scoring.

I’m in two minds over if I want the rags to get top four. It would be funny seeing them with no champions league football next year and their targets going elsewhere, however they probably would sack Jose.

I’d prefer him kept where he is as he’s doing a fine job of bringing in players on big money and getting the square route of fuck all in return. Let them console themselves with the social media cup and piano player of the year awards whilst we got hunting for big boy trophies.

Loving the situation offer at the swamp these days. It doesn't look like the Mourinho v Pogba issues can't end well for the club whatever route they take - sell Pogba at a big loss, losing the superstar they were planning on building their team around, and probably letting Mourinho go anyway when he meltsdown after failing to catch us again next season - ditch Mourinho to bring in a manager willing to accommodate Pogba's desire to play further forward and watch as that actually fucks up their attack even more because he doesn't have the creativity of KDB/Silva or the goals/assists of a Yaya - keep Mourinho but force him to give Pogba a more attacking role completely undermines the managers authority and doesn't get them playing any better.

Actually as writing this I've realised their is a solution - Pogba stops crying about being asked to do some defending and becomes a mature midfield general... but we all know that isn't happening

Remember one of my mates sending me a text saying 'Pogba, best midfielder in England' after he did his usual trick of playing mint against some snide team like Bourenmouth at home earlier in the season. Sent him the same message but about Kev the other day and still waiting for a reply

It's an interesting power struggle.

Mendes/Mourinho (through journalistic legends like Castles)
vs
Pogba/Raiola (through things like l'Equipe)

Popcorn, anyone?

Can see it happening sooner or later, him being from Paris will make it attractive for both parties and can do whatever he likes in Ligue 1 without worrying what's going on behind him (assuming Neymar will lend him some of the ball)

I can see PSG selling Neymar and buying Pogba as a replacement. Unfortunately, where ever he goes United will get the vast majority if not all their money back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.