Brazil Starting XI for the World Cup - Only Jesus starts

you need to take a deep look matey
officials have been given watches and other stuff for turning a blind eye and a helping hand to teams. one of the bbc undercover reporters was pretending to be a official in a hotel and in his bedroom was a very nice watch on the bed ???? so my questions have findings even on the pitch beckham sending off lampard goal and many others
Source?

HP please
?
No idea what you mean - and in case my previous post may have been misinterpreted... please provide a URL for the BBC-undercover-reporter-watch-on-pillow-FIFA-official incident.

These are bribes - yes - not to referees - but to FIFA officials. As I've said, the world-cup awarding stuff and other high level FIFA executive decisions are corrupt.

WC match officiating though doesn't seem to have come into question - there have, of course, been officiating scandals (e.g., Italy) - those seem to have been driven by criminal betting activity, and not by FIFA officials.

Last edited:
These are bribes - yes - not to referees - but to FIFA officials. As I've said, the world-cup awarding stuff and other high level FIFA executive decisions are corrupt.

WC match officiating though doesn't seem to have come into question - there have, of course, been officiating scandals (e.g., Italy) - those seem to have been driven by criminal betting activity, and not by FIFA officials.
Seriously? South Korea got to the semi final in 2002 on merit did they?

Just to remind you, in 2002 during a group game South Korea needed to draw at least, two Portugal players were sent off. In Korea’s second round game against Italy, the Italians got kicked off the park. Remember what Arsenal did to David Silva last April? Multiply that by 50 and then add the following - Francesco Totti was (completely wrongly) sent off for diving; Damiano Tommasi had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside; Choi Jin-cheul two-footed Gianluca Zambrotta and Kim Tae-young threw an elbow at Alessandro del Piero without even getting a yellow card. The Ecuadorean referee was investigated by FIFA but he was cleared, the verdict being that therefore were human errors and were not premeditated - that verdict being delivered by Sepp Blatter, of course.

Then in the quarter final against Spain, Korea benefited from two legitimate goals being wrongly disallowed by the Egyptian referee, before winning on penalties.

No corruption at the refereeing level? Do me a favour.

Seriously? South Korea got to the semi final in 2002 on merit did they?

Just to remind you, in 2002 during a group game South Korea needed to draw at least, two Portugal players were sent off. In Korea’s second round game against Italy, the Italians got kicked off the park. Remember what Arsenal did to David Silva last April? Multiply that by 50 and then add the following - Francesco Totti was (completely wrongly) sent off for diving; Damiano Tommasi had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside; Choi Jin-cheul two-footed Gianluca Zambrotta and Kim Tae-young threw an elbow at Alessandro del Piero without even getting a yellow card. The Ecuadorean referee was investigated by FIFA but he was cleared, the verdict being that therefore were human errors and were not premeditated - that verdict being delivered by Sepp Blatter, of course.

Then in the quarter final against Spain, Korea benefited from two legitimate goals being wrongly disallowed by the Egyptian referee, before winning on penalties.

No corruption at the refereeing level? Do me a favour.
Korean gangs are a major source of the betting scandals - so your narrative is at least plausible.

Until there's a credible organization in charge of policing refereeing, speculation will run rampant with regard to possible cheating.

if its bent right at the top you can bet your life its bent at pitch level. too much goes on in games to say its clean and just look at ireland when thierry henry and france scored with a clear hand ball to get to the world cup in a play off. the ref's are under orders from the same people your talking about the other football governing body that took the watches

England is far from the best side and I can't recall England being screwed by officiating in the WC. (Edit - Lampard's disallowed goal actually comes to mind upon reflection). For that matter, I don't recall any recent WC FIFA officiating corruption.

Corruption was mainly about bribes to host the cup - some changes have been made at FIFA following the hosting scandal - it's a work in progress, but FIFA seems to be getting better.

England has a decent side - but numerous powerhouses are far better. Reaching the round of 8 is about where I expect England to perform - and that would be a fair reflection on the side's talent.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that.

We just don’t have the quality of players nor coaches to go deep into a Euro championship, let alone a World Cup finals.

if its bent right at the top you can bet your life its bent at pitch level. too much goes on in games to say its clean and just look at ireland when thierry henry and france scored with a clear hand ball to get to the world cup in a play off. the ref's are under orders from the same people your talking about the other football governing body that took the watches

Hopefully now, with the advent of VAR, these sort of errors will be a thing of the past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.