Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

As did i when the Wigan lad went over the top of the ball and hit Kun in the side of his knee but no card was given.

Alty fan gave Delph a yellow card and he even wrote his name on it until his earpiece started buzzing.

Cheating plain and simple and ive never seen anything like what transpired before and probably never will.

it was a ludicrous challenge that was asking for trouble....and got it. A minute from half time as wel just to make it an even bigger folly from Delph.

Dont ever forget he coup de gras.......Chelsea at home which saw him really get his red card out and yes, we lost that too.
Chavs is a give.

We'll never forget that reach for my card...nah fuck it move. The shitehawk.

A lot of waist high crosses and dipping free kicks going in. Why no diving header attempts any more ? Throw everything at it.

Rags out in force all over social media now. Just shut one laughing by telling him it was almost as funny as them losing to Bristol and Newcastle.

it was a ludicrous challenge that was asking for trouble....and got it. A minute from half time as wel just to make it an even bigger folly from Delph.

It was a yellow card at best, especially given the way Alty fan had dealt with the leg breaker on Kun by basically ignoring it.

How you can dismiss that and the fact he takes his yellow card out and then writes Delphs name on it before suddenly turning it into a red is beyond me but each to their own.

Lousy ref , Lousy pitch , Lousy finishing it had all the hallmarks of a defeat.

The better team lost tonight and that happens so we move on and learn from it.

Two players running towards each other. What's FD supposed to do - back out of the challenge ? No way it was cynical - the hacks on us come in from the side to clean our players out......

It was a yellow card at best, especially given the way Alty fan had dealt with the leg breaker on Kun by basically ignoring it.

How you can dismiss that and the fact he takes his yellow card out and then writes Delphs name on it before suddenly turning it into a red is beyond me but each to their own.
The Manure fan with the whistle was milking the situation - almost WWE style and enjoying every second.

If Delph was clever he didn't risk such a tackle seconds before half time. What for? Not a good a decision and in fact it could have been dangerous.
You call it red just for being stupid...

If Pep was clever (tonight) he would have overcome his pride, take the draw at 0-0 by passing the game home and replay on a pitch for professional football, without that atmosphere and also a home advantage regarding refereeing.
AND Delph could have sit out vs Wigan and be back vs Chelsea. Well.

City will win more games without English refs around. Wigan like many others are holding/pushing/pulling using their hands and all of that would be yellow in Europe. I have seen 2 penaties alone. English refs are changing the game and giving a favour towards the technical limited team.
I think that's also a reason why Gündogan was invisible tonight. He has been superb in Basel, under different rules.

Stones seems to be as slow as Yaya now, it's shocking.

Bravo simply can't save that ball.
But I guess Ederson would have been out further 10-20 yards and the angle for Grigg could have been more difficult.
Btw Grigg was very very lucky to hit it like that while going down.

Bottom line that was not good enough tonight. Not been able to force Wigan to mistakes and consequently served the goal for them.

We need a very different attitude, confidence and sharpness on Sunday.
We don't need to talk about winning the CL for a while.
And we should be happy even if we only! win the league.
You cannot calculate football.
Every reason to go full strength every game now with a balls out performance on Sunday.

If the guy is as bent as you claim he is then you are a complete and utter tit of a player if you go launching into a tackle like that and invite him to make another poor decision....which is exactly what Delph did. Sadly for us all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.