Sergio pitch incident at end of game

In law it comes down to whether he acted in self defense and whether that action was reasonable.

It is impossible to say from the video so he has to have the benefit of doubt particularly as the fan should not have been there anyway and it is reasonable to take inference about the wigan supporters character and motivation because of this.

Absolutely ridiculous how parts of the media has tried to drum it up. Here is Oz that's a perfect example of a 'jumper punch' - ie grab and shove in the same movement - in sport here such an action doesn't even warrant a fine.

It wasn't the 'heavyweight knockout blow' that some of the idiots in the media want you to believe.

But those clowns at the FArce are such a believing bunch when it comes to any shit on MCFC, and their disciplinary 'system' the most perverse in any national sport. I await a charge laid on MCFC for not controlling their players!

In law it comes down to whether he acted in self defense and whether that action was reasonable.

It is impossible to say from the video so he has to have the benefit of doubt particularly as the fan should not have been there anyway and it is reasonable to take inference about his character and motivation because of this.

When did we ever get the benefit of any doubt? Lukaku, FatScouseGit, England players seem to be ones who might benefit from a little bit of doubt, but ours are guilty until we can provide overwhelming evidence of innocence!

Those scenes are just a fucking disgrace and take me back to football in the 70’s. The lack of steward and police action to protect our fans and players was unforgivable. Hope they are thrown out.

The lack of actions from stewards and police was disgraceful.

Whenever I go over to the UK to see games, it still astounds me how strong the stewards and police presence is. I can understand why that is the case - but then when they stand around and watch it kick off, I do wonder why fucking bother.

Self defense is a legitimate defense in English law.

Won't surprise me if they fudge it to get Sergio suspended, especially after he exposed their lies at Bournemouth re the Sterling/Stewarding incident.

He's clearly been provoked into a response as a result of Wigan failing to control their supporters.

I don't have an issue fans celebrating on the pitch but whilst Lineker was talking about it, the majority of their fans chose to ignore celebrating with their own players and the majority could be seen over the presenters' shoulder massed right in front of the City supporters.

The fan came on the pitch and put his hands on Sergio.

Sergio had every right to brush him away. Shouldn't be a ban.

Wigan should be fined for failing to control the crowd.

This.

Look, if someone lays hands on me in the street, I suppose that, as a citizen (in the ordinary sense of the term), I have a right to defend myself? Nothing whatsover to see here, re. Sergio. Wigan totally at fault for failing to control their crowd, and I sincerely hope they're punished.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.