Carabao Cup Final pre-match thread

Carabao Cup Final prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Stones confidence improves. I can only think that’s the case as he was turning out good performances prior to injury. Will be interesting to see what team Pep goes for , as yesterday’s selection didn’t quite work well enough.
IMO Danilo should be nowhere near the starting line up, he looked like a pub player chasing the game yesterday, and continually out of position.

No one knows how to respond to that it would appear. Sorry to hear about your wife.

Back on track - I am not confident at all about this game now. Would it be fair to say it makes or breaks our season?

Win it and we are looking at a double and a worry free blast at the champions league. Lose it and we are under big pressure.

agreed its become a bigger game all of a sudden in our season? from a possible 4 trophies to 2 if we lose on sunday in the space of 5 days? we need to get our top form back again now as we haven`t been close to that level for a while now.

It is vital we win this on Sunday, if we lose the pressure will rack up big time.

Let's hope Pawson does not send off any of our players and does not disallow any valid goals scored by City this time.

Tempted to put Vinnie in alongside the General for his experience. Certainly would not start with Stones

Worried with Bravo but he certainly deserves his spot for getting us there sadly. Go as full strength as possible and get the first piece of silverware won. If we lose Sunday after last night it would add unnecessary pressure.

Bravo
Walker
Laporte
Otamendi
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
D Silva
KDB
Sterling
Sane
Aguero

Worried with Bravo but he certainly deserves his spot for getting us there sadly. Go as full strength as possible and get the first piece of silverware won. If we lose Sunday after last night it would add unnecessary pressure.

Bravo
Walker
Laporte
Otamendi
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
D Silva
KDB
Sterling
Sane
Aguero

My only concern is Sane, is he going to be interested, he didn't look it last night and if he's not ready then I'd almost prefer to play Zinchenko there and Danilo at left back, extreme though that sounds

Just my opinion but I cannot see Pep playing Eddie - he will keep faith with Juliet.
Serious Question ? - When Pep was at Barca - was Juliet there at the same time ?

No eddie no win,he starts everything,is not stuck to his line,plays as another defender

This won't go to pens

I would be happy if I got to Wembley and Eddie was starting, the fact is he wont be. Pep has already said that. We were all mard arses against Liverpool saying No Hart no win and look how that panned out. If it wasn't for Bravo especially in that Wolves game where he made save after save we wouldn't be there Sunday. We need to make sure we are good enough going forward that any blunders aren't costly.

My only concern is Sane, is he going to be interested, he didn't look it last night and if he's not ready then I'd almost prefer to play Zinchenko there and Danilo at left back, extreme though that sounds

Sane could run on with no boots on, I would still start him if it kept Danilo out of the side. First start back for Sane last night, I agree he wasn't on it but like the Liverpool game where he was poor he can make something happen from nowhere.

No one knows how to respond to that it would appear. Sorry to hear about your wife.

Back on track - I am not confident at all about this game now. Would it be fair to say it makes or breaks our season?

Win it and we are looking at a double and a worry free blast at the champions league. Lose it and we are under big pressure.
Thanks for that. It was meant to stop the insults to others who take a contrary position to him when his opinion (not facts) is challenged.

To get back to the thread, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't win, as Arsenal appear to have a few of their best players from last season's semi final either injured or transferred. They cannot, and I hope, will not, defend for 90 minutes as Wigan did - it is just not in their nature to do so. Last night was frustrating in a lot of ways, particularly the result, but I am confident that Pep will have them fired up for this one.

Fortunately, we have VAR, so we will see it "officially" in action. Unfotunately, we have Pawson to contend with. Remember him from the semi final last season and Spurs at home not so long ago?

As to making or breaking the season, 5 more wins and there's the main trophy. Sunday should be a bonus. We are playing the best football I have seen in the 58 years I've been watching, so anything is welcome. I still worry until we get to 40 points, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.