Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

It was borderline red. I would have wanted it. Wigan's players surrounded the referee and one actually barged into him. If they do not get charged for this then it is clearly permitted again and we should adopt these tactics at every poor tackle going forward.
Well I disagree wholeheartedly, for the three reasons already covered in my post, you've actually given no reasons for it just a blind statement. It was a yellow card offence because he took the player with his trailing leg whilst challenging for a ball he had every right to, it was a genuine attempt to play the ball, no studs came in contact with the player... there's no such thing as borderline it's either worthy of a red or not and it was not. It's doubly wrong because of the genuinely dangerous challenges that our players have had to face where players ought to have seen a red card, these are the same referees supposedly applying the same standards, it's a joke and you're mad if you think refs will start giving other teams red cards as they should all of a sudden, they don't care that we know they are biased/corrupt.

Like I said it would be a lot easier to take a soft red/very harsh red without a shitload of stonewall red cards that City were complaining were not given these past few months, giving teams license to go in as recklessly as they like and if you happen to injure someone... just a yellow will suffice.

The smart thing to do would be not complain, which Pep understands as if you make a fuss now they will say "I told you so it's contact sport, you were overreacting" and nothing changes when it really needs to for the good of the league... the thing is they wont change a damn thing IMO they will probably give us more red cards until the manager does complain, all so they can say "I told you so". As long as the anti-city press get to control the narrative as they do the game is rigged and they will spin the facts when we complain about it no matter which way we go about it.

Last edited:
The silver lining is city will learn from this defeat, pep will make sure of it, just like against Liverpool. which bodes well for us going into the latter stages of the Champions league.
And if city get the chance to play Wigan at any point in the next couple of years, the players will not forget what happened. They will get what is coming to them.
Its marvelous in a way that to win again against this city team is akin to winning the league.

Just like the FA Cup final in many ways.
  • 4 glorious chances missed in the first half.
  • Good defending/lack of penetration subsequently
  • Player sent off.
  • Defensive mistake + average keeping leads to goal.

What's worrying for me is that you could tell what was going to happen last night, 100% predictable.
Why is it that when any team creates a max of 3 chances during a game, invariably 1 of them is a GOAL? , Just like the Burnley league match. Yet we create 10+ chances and can't score, why?

Walker, Stones, Bravo all culpable for the goal too. Disappointing.

I'm of the opinion that Wigan should be disqualified from further participation in the competition. We shouldn't be reinstated as we lost the game, but the club (Wigan) should not benfit from participating in the next round.

I know it sounds churlish but if a riot happened after a Sunday League game, where players were assaulted (and that is what happened to Sergio) they'd be DQ'd.

Just like the FA Cup final in many ways.
  • 4 glorious chances missed in the first half.
  • Good defending/lack of penetration subsequently
  • Player sent off.
  • Defensive mistake + average keeping leads to goal.
how did the keeper have anything to do with the goal ? it was Walkers fault. Fact of the matter is we didnt finish our chances. Gundogan had 2 glorious chances in the first half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.