Julian Weigl

Bernardo won't be moving to eight next season, I said Pep eventually sees him as Silva's replacement, with Dave now around for at least another three years. Bernardo will continue to get his game time where and when.

Makes plenty of sense and Bernardo is only 23. Foden could go out on loan next season.

We want Bailly too, so work that one out.

Foden and Diaz both need loans. It’s no good for them getting the odd minutes here and there. Sending them both to Girona would be a good move. I would like to see us get a parternship with a German club though. Chelsea have had some success sending their young lads to the Bundesliga.

He's Carrick X ten and United would kill for this kid.

They don't have Pep though, which I do think could be decisive for the kid.

Is he as good as Moussa Dembele?

If Pep really wanted a player would money be no object, or do we have to stick to a budget that's closer to what the rags, Chelsea and Liverpool can spend, or in the right circumstances could we blow everyone away for the right player?

Is he as good as Moussa Dembele?
Completely different player. He's basically younger version of Busquets - press-resistant pivot with tremendous footwork. Made for high-pressing games like the Liverpool one.
Needs a right coach and system to extract his ability, would be useless in a rigid defensive team (that's why I don't believe in Jose's interest).

Bernardo moving later but not next season was exactly my point, you seem to be arguing in agreement here.

I assume Bailey is the Sanchez/Mahrez replacement, we're clearly lacking a forward.

It would be a shame of Foden was loaned out as it's only a couple of weeks since Guardiola said he was good enough to not need a loan and could step up to the first team directly.
Nothing wrong about going out on loan just ask Beckham, Kane that's where he gets proposer game time. The kid +Diaz will be out on loan next season 100% but where & under who???
Interesting to see where as wouldn't want Diaz to play back in Spain he may get the feel for it. Must get them on long contracts.

Why would we want - or look at - having an overload of players in midfield that could become needless?

Fernandinho, Gundogan, Foden, Fred, Weigl, KDB, David Silva.

7 players to play 3 positions? That’s highly highly unlikely. Weigl doesn’t play box-to-box like Gundogan. Agree with TH that his intelligence is one of the best in the world but City don’t tend to overload positions like that unless someone was leaving? Gundogan Unlikely to leave and Weigl wouldn’t be the same replacement - nor is Fred.

But I really hope we sign him at the same time.

Nothing wrong about going out on loan just ask Beckham, Kane that's where he gets proposer game time. The kid +Diaz will be out on loan next season 100% but where & under who???
Interesting to see where as wouldn't want Diaz to play back in Spain he may get the feel for it. Must get them on long contracts.

I don't think you want to play the "this kid went on loan and he turned out OK" game, because you'll very quickly find that the vast majority of world class players didn't go on loan, even ones who came through the academies of top sides.

Why would we want - or look at - having an overload of players in midfield that could become needless?

Fernandinho, Gundogan, Foden, Fred, Weigl, KDB, David Silva.

7 players to play 3 positions? That’s highly highly unlikely. Weigl doesn’t play box-to-box like Gundogan. Agree with TH that his intelligence is one of the best in the world but City don’t tend to overload positions like that unless someone was leaving? Gundogan Unlikely to leave and Weigl wouldn’t be the same replacement - nor is Fred.

But I really hope we sign him at the same time.
Take out Foden and you have 6 for 3 spots with 2 of those 6 aging. I think we'll be fine.

I don't think you want to play the "this kid went on loan and he turned out OK" game, because you'll very quickly find that the vast majority of world class players didn't go on loan, even ones who came through the academies of top sides.
I think quite a few of them played in their clubs second team though before becoming established in the top team

Went to the Dortmund game last night and was very impressed by Weigl. Calm and composed on the ball at all times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.