General Videogame Thread

Every single new Ms IP will be on there. So if you buy three Ms games in a year your better of with it.

But I see your part of the PC master race and don't need it.

Nothing to do with being the master race, though kind of you to notice, just Microsoft's output in general. I also won't own the game, just rent it. I have no idea why I would want to do that for a tenner a month. 5 months in I would have covered the cost of the game but still wouldn't own it. Which is madness.

Got the Ea game pass thing(£20 for a year) and have started playing Mass effect as apparently it's one of the best game series of all-time?

It's a good series but the last 2 releases were hit by a fair bit of controversy.

On ME:3 people didn't like the ending. This was mainly due to that however you played through the game as a bad guy/good guy (paragon/renegage) it didn't have any bearing on the outcome.

On ME:Andromeda various people disliked/hated it for a number of reasons. It was felt the initial release was rushed out and had to be later 'fixed' with patches etc. Even then it was glitchy. Also the facial graphics in a lot of the dialogue scenes were generally absolute dogshit.
Then there were also loads of allegations that the game had been adapted/altered to pander to various social justice/ gender politics issues. For instance there's evidence that if you played the game as a female protagonist, the graphics had been changed to make her more 'plump' and her face more plain/ugly.

ME:1, 2 & 3 generally got critic scores in the high 80%'s to low 90%'s.
ME:Andromeda averaged around the mid 70%'s, and mainly due to a load of bad criticism/reviews & a bit of a consumer backlash the franchise was discontinued.

Nothing to do with being the master race, though kind of you to notice, just Microsoft's output in general. I also won't own the game, just rent it. I have no idea why I would want to do that for a tenner a month. 5 months in I would have covered the cost of the game but still wouldn't own it. Which is madness.

When you watch somert on Netflix do you own it and are you disappointed?

I’m currently playing South Park: The Fractured but Whole.

Whilst I am a huge fan of the TV series, the gameplay is extremely repetitive and every house seemingly has the same layout.

I don't watch netflicks.

Same with any subscription based service. You watch sky movies but don't own the film, stream music but don't own the album etc etc

The point is for £10 per month all MS games will be released on there.
Gears of way, crackdown, sea of thieves, halo, ori, state of decay...plus non MS games which are on there.
All £40 each of £10 per month.
Something comes out, you pay a tenner, finish the game and then don't pay it the following month. How people can't see the value is mind bending.

Same with any subscription based service. You watch sky movies but don't own the film, stream music but don't own the album etc etc

The point is for £10 per month all MS games will be released on there.
Gears of way, crackdown, sea of thieves, halo, ori, state of decay...plus non MS games which are on there.
All £40 each of £10 per month.
Something comes out, you pay a tenner, finish the game and then don't pay it the following month. How people can't see the value is mind bending.

Maybe we don't work for Microsoft?

I buy vinyl mate, and download the films I want. Therefore I have them. Same goes for games. Why would I pay a tenner a month to rent a game?

I’m currently playing South Park: The Fractured but Whole.

Whilst I am a huge fan of the TV series, the gameplay is extremely repetitive and every house seemingly has the same layout.
I quite liked the game, I thought it was just like an extended episode of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.