Sergej Milinković-Savić

we missed out ,twice this last transfer window the club will not hold back on anyone that pep desires

Lets not get too excited. We are talking about someone who said zlatan big nose is his favorite player and the eye gouger is the best manager in the world. Already a major red flag for me. The gouger also recently said they need a midfielder. Do the math.

I think hes off to the rags for 120m+ and will be on 300k per week, no other club will offer anything close to that. Lazio will be licking their lips, ready to bend the rags over and extract maximum value.

You heard it here first!!!
Matic-SMS-Pogba midfield would be an absolute disaster: 3 slow giant players unable to press.

Matic-SMS-Pogba midfield would be an absolute disaster: 3 slow giant players unable to press.

Doesn't matter, he is hot property. Needs to start dabbing and increasing his presence on social media so he can sell as many new shirts as possible. This is what is most important to the rags.

Appears awkward as sin, like someone put Arnautovic in midfield.

Looks tubby too.

Love Tifo's statistical breakdowns, here he's described as a "driving midfielder", strong, technical(in defence and attack), involved all over the pitch, comparative to Pogba's Juventus days when they were getting the best out of him. The thing I take away from that is why are United even in for him when they already have Pogba? I've not looked up any stats but it seems to me Pogba's form and effectiveness has declined drastically since his switch back to Trafford... I think Savic would be much better off at City, at 23y.o(birthday today?) he's not the complete midfielder yet and needs a coach who can take him there, in the PL that's Pep, maybe Klopp(he seems more focused on getting the best out of attackers than midfielders though) but I doubt Liverpool will be paying those prices.

I suppose he's just a very good midfielder with a bright future(top 5 midfielder possibly?) so you get them in when you can. It also helps if you can get away with consistently spending £90m+ on single transfer fees while your nearest neighbour takes all the flack for rising market prices, when they have yet to break the £60m mark... and you don't have to worry about criticism of your ever rising squad cost and wage costs because all the focus is on them.

I would normally say £90m is too much but given his age and potential, the Italian tax and so on, someone is going to buy him in the summer and that's what it will take. I wouldn't want that to be PL rival if he makes good on that potential. Also a future midfield with KDB/Gundo, B Silva/Foden and Savic/Fred gives us lots of options and tactical flexibly for years to come.

I hope we are in for this one, as other's have said though he's strongly linked with the rags and they get a free pass when it comes to transfer fees and wages. Weigl is 22y.o and supremely talented in his own right, if we can prize him away from Dortmund I'd be happy with that too. That's beauty of having Pep he'll improve them, teach them the basics of the system but he'll also adjust the tactics for the players if they offer something unique which most of the names we are linked to have, whereas Jose will sacrifice parts of a players game to fit his strict system IMO.

Last edited:
Even if we don't sign him we should at least bid for him to jack the price up for the rags, they need to sign a lot of players to keep other teams from overtaking them never mind catch up to City IMO. We should make sure they don't get a free run at a signing like this, as that hurts them long term.

I've also noticed looking at most of the highlights of him he seems to get a lot of time on the ball in Serie A and he's still known to often show a poor first touch according to Tifo's analysis. I'd favour Weigl because Bundeliga's pace of the game is more similar to the PL, good players will adapt but how long will that take?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.