Ligue 1 17/18

Great game between Lyon and Monaco.

- Lyon go 2-0 up (Diaz and Traore score).
- Monaco level the game through Falcao and Keita.
- Keita then gets sent off for Monaco.
- Our former bleu Rony Lopes bags the winner for Monaco with a cracking strike, set up by...Jovetic.
Watched the second half, and Rony Lopes did very well. MOTM, at least in the second half. He was playing on the left side, maybe we should have kept him? Aouar looks like some player for Lyon

If Lopes keep this up we might move for him in the summer. He'll surely count as club trained and is played in positions we badly need width in. It's also very clear that he still loves our club.

If Lopes keep this up we might move for him in the summer. He'll surely count as club trained and is played in positions we badly need width in. It's also very clear that he still loves our club.
He has 6 goals and 9 assists this season, which is pretty decent. Can play RW, LW or AM, and he would be a great squad player. Turned 22 in december, and I would LOVE to have him back here. He still posts things about City on Twitter, and could be open for a move maybe. I even talked to him privately on instagram the day he left us and wished him good luck at Monaco and he even replied me. I'm not sure if he would count as homegrown. He spent two and a half years here, before he was loaned to Lille then sold the following summer. I think it has to be three years to be a homegrown player, but I could be wrong.

I just remembered when Pellegrini confirmed that we'd only sent Lopes out on loan...only for the club to announce an hour later that we'd sold him. Fucking lol. Forgot how farcical that was.

He has 6 goals and 9 assists this season, which is pretty decent. Can play RW, LW or AM, and he would be a great squad player. Turned 22 in december, and I would LOVE to have him back here. He still posts things about City on Twitter, and could be open for a move maybe. I even talked to him privately on instagram the day he left us and wished him good luck at Monaco and he even replied me. I'm not sure if he would count as homegrown. He spent two and a half years here, before he was loaned to Lille then sold the following summer. I think it has to be three years to be a homegrown player, but I could be wrong.

Bernardo Silva is his best friend as well. Ironically Bernardo going straight into Monaco's team was supposedly part of his reasoning for joining Monaco, but they never played together.

Neymar is expected to be out for 3 months, it’s a shame tbh

This is one reason I would never want us to spend 200m+ on one single player. It’s too big of a risk.

PSG look to be out of the CL at an early stage. Can’t see them winning the CL anytime in the near future, their league is just too easy. They would walk the league even without Neymar and Mbappe.

This is one reason I would never want us to spend 200m+ on one single player. It’s too big of a risk.

PSG look to be out of the CL at an early stage. Can’t see them winning the CL anytime in the near future, their league is just too easy. They would walk the league even without Neymar and Mbappe.
Yep. Bad news for him and them but I’d fancy us more against Madrid than against PSG in th CL so every little helps.

Sometimes there is a mental ceiling that teams need to burst through to make it all the way in the CL, and simply signing expensive prospects may not be enough, especially when the draw is unkind. In a league bereft of strong competition, PSG would probably need quite a few breaks elsewhere to progress further.

PSG's ten year record in the CL/Europe
2016/17:
round of 16
2015/16: quarter-finals
2014/15: quarter-finals
2013/14: quarter-finals
2012/13: quarter-finals
2011/12: UEFA Europa League group stage
2010/11: UEFA Europa League round of 16
2009/10: did not take part in UEFA club competition
2008/09: UEFA Cup quarter-finals
2007/08: did not take part in UEFA club competition

Yeah. Like they did last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.