Hot curry from Morrisons... of all places.

Chippy_boy

Team supported
God's chosen team
Whereas I normally like a nice madras, or even a chicken tikka masala or similar, every now and again I get the urge to have a good hot curry. A nice chicken chilli masala or jal frezi or something like that.

Anyway, tonight, Morrisons' "Volcanic Vindaloo" from their Indian Takeaway range, caught my eye. The packaging is plastered with warnings: "CAUTION HOT"; "Very Hot" (and 6 chilli sympols); and "Warning - An extra red hot, fiery chicken curry with hot naga chillies."

OK, I get the message. But this is supermarket curry, right? So it will probably end up being like a warmish Korma, and very disappointing as usual.

Well how wrong was I. OMFG how hot this stuff is. This is the hottest curry I have eaten in at least 30 years. It is absolutely, mind-numbingly, blow your head clean off, kind of hot. I think anyone not used to hot curry who inadvertently spooned a mouthful of this in, would end up in A&E!

Has anyone else tried it? And what did you think?

Pretty nice curry tbh. Naga is one of my favourite chillis. Used to order from one place that did a Naga curry, and I swear they kicked it up a notch each time I ordered, the last one I had was blisteringly hot but tasty as.

That’s the key it’s got to be full of flavour as well as inferno hot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.