Hot curry from Morrisons... of all places.

Food, the stuff your body needs to work properly should never be a challenge, Curry is disgusting stuff, invented to disguise the rancid meat from years ago IIRC. You're welcome to it

I’ve eaten hotter ice pops
I am strongly suspecting you have not tried this curry. Like you, my thoughts before buying it were that it would be mild rubbish just like every other supermarket curry. It isn't.

Food, the stuff your body needs to work properly should never be a challenge, Curry is disgusting stuff, invented to disguise the rancid meat from years ago IIRC. You're welcome to it
Not all curry is hot you know. In fact authentic curry usually isn't. It's just us daft Brits who have decided to come up with Phall and other OTT dishes. Authentic vindaloo is more sour - from the vinegar - than hot.

Thai dishes are often hotter than Indian curry.

Bit of a narrow view that, curry is the name for a wide range of dishes from the indian sub-continent, and have been around for centuries, with multitude of different flavours and styles, not all are hot.
As for the rotting meat remark, what did we cure and salt food for? the same reason not to mask off food but to preserve them and for flavour.

If you don't like them fair enough, but there are some great curry dishes out there from all over asia and south east asia.

Bit of a narrow view that, curry is the name for a wide range of dishes from the indian sub-continent, and have been around for centuries, with multitude of different flavours and styles, not all are hot.
As for the rotting meat remark, what did we cure and salt food for? the same reason not to mask off food but to preserve them and for flavour.

If you don't like them fair enough, but there are some great curry dishes out there from all over asia and south east asia.
I quite agree. In my experience, people who "don't like curry" have either never tried it or tried it once and concluded they don't like it. But the variety is so wide, without trying 20 different dishes and styles, I don't know how anyone could safely proclaim that they don't like curry.

It's a bit like going to watch an ice hockey game and concluding you don't like watching all sport.

I'll be trying this...not spending £6.90 (excluding chips) for a substandard Lamb Madras like I did last night.

Maybe its just my imagination but since Brexit, the price of my curries have gone through the roof and here's me thinking Madras was India ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.