Chelsea (H) Post Match Thread

I expect well see a fair bit more of these kind of games as the season runs out.

We've got more important things to expand energy on. If the other side attacks we'll counter, if they don't bother, keep ball is great for us.

4 clean sheets in our last 5 games now too, quite nice.
But but our defence is shit and can be got at .

It’s clear that even “top” teams are terrified of getting a battering and set up for damage limitation from min 1.
The pundits are not giving us the credit we deserve for creating that mindset in opposition teams and managers.
The only team I have ever seen have this effect to this degree was Pep’s Barcelona. I actually think we are even better than them as they relied almost completely on the genius of Messi whereas we have so many players who can hurt the opposition.
I am going to stick my neck out and predict we will dominate domestic and European football for at least the next 5 yrs. Today’s game re-enforced that belief.

It’s hard to say if we played well or not because Chelsea were unbelievably defensive.

It’s one of the most boring games I have seen us play in this season. I would expect such passivity in a pre-season friendly, not a PL game.

We had to get through a 5 man defence and at the same time be careful about Hazard, Willian and pedro breaking forward. We were excellent today and tried our best to get that second goal. Jeez what do some fans want ? We've had 3 games in 7 days.

Another magnificent performance from City, and another magnificent performance from Gundogan - the people who slag him on here are complete idiots

I was reading the BBC feed on the way back.

1) We're boring apparently. Who's exciting against a parked bus?

2) Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool...

We're never going to hear the end of it.

Then change the record because its your post history that leads me to make the comment in the first place and i'm not alone in seeing it either.

I know you're a blue and i know you are surrounded by Liverpool fans in your life but at times its like you have Stockholm syndrome with them and you really do gush about them and Klopp a little bit too much for a non fan imo and its just my opinion.

That aside do you still think we give the ball away too much or do you feel you might have been a tad harsh and too quick with that observation?
Yes it was harsh considering we just comfortably beat the champions both home and away. It's ever since Pep came my standards have gone higher so I'm just expecting too much i suppose. We were brilliant and Chelsea never really troubled us, that should probably have been my first sentence after the game. It's the pressure of wanting to win everything I'm really feeling it and getting nervous for games more than any other season.

Completely relentless from city again. The quality in every position is so high and impressive, same players as last year more or less but Peps coaching must be incredible.
Zinchenko playing his way into the squad for next year for me. So impressive on the ball, just needs some defensive positioning improvement and no need to but a LB this summer.
Conte trying to get the sack as a few blues have said. Outplayed them as they didnt play at all.

I was reading the BBC feed on the way back.

1) We're boring apparently. Who's exciting against a parked bus?

2) Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool...

We're never going to hear the end of it.
Yes it’s fucking bullshit. 3rd game this week. We were professional. We didn’t need to break out of second great and so we didn’t.

Sergio made some brilliant runs that never passed to him, he kept doing them fair play to him. He ran his socks off today.

Sergio seems to have become a great dribbler of the ball in recent times...he really is playing great at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.