Chelsea 2017/2018

So,why are you underachieving so badly?
Would you have said in 2012/13 when we went out of the league cup at home in the first available round, finished bottom of our CL group with zero wins, lost to Wigan in the FA Cup final and saw our title defence result in an 11 point gap from first place... that Silva, Sergio, Yaya, Kompany etc had no love for the club?

So,why are you underachieving so badly?

Many factors. I have been ranting about some of them on here for weeks.

Poor recruitment. Some of these players just aren't that good, certainly not at the level we want the club to aspire to be. Conte's tactics just isn't getting the best out of our best players. Way too negative. How would David Silva, Sane, KDB etc fare if they were asked to sit in their own half, not press, just hoof it to Aguero from inside their own half? How would KDB fare if he was playing with Alonso, Moses, Drinwater, Bakayoko instead of Silva, Walker, Fernandnho, Sane etc?

That's simply not true. Neither is the post you responded to.

This guy has carried the team to 2 league titles playing under the most defensive managers you can find, asking him to run around, parking the bus, tracking back etc. Conte is now asking him to play CF, while telling the team to employ hoofball tactics, what is 5'6 Hazard up against Otamendi and Laporte supposed to do? He simply does not have the physical abilities that Conte is asking him to utilise. How useful would David Silva be if you put him up front in a Tony Pulis team, while Shawcross is launching missiles at him from 70 yards away? It's so easy to slander Hazard when the manager puts him in the worst possible position to succeed.

I would take Hazard in an instant. Exactly what we were looking for in Sanchez but younger & better.

With regards yesterday, Kante was a huge loss, against Utd you were bossing the game, he got booked and you lost all control, without him against us, Drinkwater and Fabregas would never have the legs(Fabregas) or quality(Drinkwater) to compete.

We out ran and out matched you all over the park, I think Conte got a few things wrong and certain players weren't up to it.

I quite like Conte but his constant bitching about money and what we have spent is frankly ridiculous. His spending is pretty much identical to ours.

Rudiger £30-£40m?
Bakayoko £40m?
Zapacosta £20m?
Drinkwater £30-£35m?
Morrata £60m?
Emerson £20m?
Barkley £15m?
Giroud £20m?

That's around £240-£250 million pounds on 8 established elite players.

Walker £45m
Mendy £50m
Danilo £26m
Ederson £34m
Laporte £57m
Bernardo £43m

So yes we've spent a touch more, but the big difference is, Walker & Ederson have greatly improved us. Where as Chelsea's major signings Moratta & Bakayoko have been poor.

Mendy would have been key, but he's played about 2hrs. Laporte has played what? 3hrs.
Bernardo is now proving his worth & Danilo is a decent squad man.

I'm not sure why Conte has been given such an easy ride when he talks about money. He's spent bucket loads of it.

I like him as a coach, and when you've been Mourinho free if we can't win the league, I'm happy for you to.

Would you have said in 2012/13 when we went out of the league cup at home in the first available round, finished bottom of our CL group with zero wins, lost to Wigan in the FA Cup final and saw our title defence result in an 11 point gap from first place... that Silva, Sergio, Yaya, Kompany etc had no love for the club?
No,but then i witnessed them guys giving their best.

Many factors. I have been ranting about some of them on here for weeks.

Poor recruitment. Some of these players just aren't that good, certainly not at the level we want the club to aspire to be. Conte's tactics just isn't getting the best out of our best players. Way too negative. How would David Silva, Sane, KDB etc fare if they were asked to sit in their own half, not press, just hoof it to Aguero from inside their own half? How would KDB fare if he was playing with Alonso, Moses, Drinwater, Bakayoko instead of Silva, Walker, Fernandnho, Sane etc?
So why the drop off this season? Has your team changed so much? Last year plenty on here would have had Conte replace Pep

I would take Hazard in an instant. Exactly what we were looking for in Sanchez but younger & better.

With regards yesterday, Kante was a huge loss, against Utd you were bossing the game, he got booked and you lost all control, without him against us, Drinkwater and Fabregas would never have the legs(Fabregas) or quality(Drinkwater) to compete.

We out ran and out matched you all over the park, I think Conte got a few things wrong and certain players weren't up to it.

I quite like Conte but his constant bitching about money and what we have spent is frankly ridiculous. His spending is pretty much identical to ours.

Rudiger £30-£40m?
Bakayoko £40m?
Zapacosta £20m?
Drinkwater £30-£35m?
Morrata £60m?
Emerson £20m?
Barkley £15m?
Giroud £20m?

That's around £240-£250 million pounds on 8 established elite players.

Walker £45m
Mendy £50m
Danilo £26m
Ederson £34m
Laporte £57m
Bernardo £43m

So yes we've spent a touch more, but the big difference is, Walker & Ederson have greatly improved us. Where as Chelsea's major signings Moratta & Bakayoko have been poor.

Mendy would have been key, but he's played about 2hrs. Laporte has played what? 3hrs.
Bernardo is now proving his worth & Danilo is a decent squad man.

I'm not sure why Conte has been given such an easy ride when he talks about money. He's spent bucket loads of it.

I like him as a coach, and when you've been Mourinho free if we can't win the league, I'm happy for you to.

Exactly this. Going by his comments you would think they spent £50m on 3 players. Lol

He spent a lot of money on average players. Maybe the board didn’t back him as much but honesty can you blame them?? Look at his purchases from Italy, obviously his choices and not the board’s. Rudiger average, Zappacosta who? And Emerson a back up to Kolarov that played what 2 games for Roma this season?

"They hid it well" in the Cup Final then.

I'm sure @Vialli98 has witnessed it too given he actually watches them every week. I'd take his word for it as a result.

You are probably right,i can only judge off what i watch on the box.

Regards that season,and that game in particular,our players were allegedly at their wits end.Given their demeanour,is that then the same situation for these Chelsea players?

Exactly this. Going by his comments you would think they spent £50m on 3 players. Lol

He spent a lot of money on average players. Maybe the board didn’t back him as much but honesty can you blame them?? Look at his purchases from Italy, obviously his choices and not the board’s. Rudiger average, Zappacosta who? And Emerson a back up to Kolarov that played what 2 games for Roma this season?

Agree, don't think he got his top targets. I believe he wanted Lumplaku & Sandro from Juve. But Rudiger is surely one of his. Bakayoko? He was highly sought after. Moratta, he's worked with before and started like a house on fire. It's not Walker or Edeson's fault he fell out with key players.
On their day at full stregnth, I still think they're second best in the league.

City and to a lesser extent Spurs & Liverpool are examples of everyone pulling in the same direction. Chelsea, Arsenal and the rags, not so much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.