Chelsea 2017/2018

Agree, don't think he got his top targets. I believe he wanted Lumplaku & Sandro from Juve. But Rudiger is surely one of his. Bakayoko? He was highly sought after. Moratta, he's worked with before and started like a house on fire. It's not Walker or Edeson's fault he fell out with key players.
On their day at full stregnth, I still think they're second best in the league.

City and to a lesser extent Spurs & Liverpool are examples of everyone pulling in the same direction. Chelsea, Arsenal and the rags, not so much.

True, many teams wanted Bakayoko but he has turned out to be a massive flop so far. Alex Sandro would of been a great buy but not even sure why they went for him so hard when they have Alonso who I think is decent. Moses would be the fullback I would say an upgrade is needed for. Morata started well then hit a drought and got injured. Was shocked at the figures paid for both him and The Belgian Bony. Morata has been a bench player for his whole career and he goes for such a fee???

Kante has been holding them together, thought he had an amazing game against Barcelona.

Hazard is great on his day but I can say I’ve never been much of a fan of his. Sulked for a whole season which is terrible behavior. Often has days when he doesn’t show up and just doesn’t want to be there. Really hope we are not dumb enough to drop £150m on him.

He also throws the players under the bus. After this game, he was asked why he waited until the 80-something minute to bring on Morata and his answer was something like "I waiting to see if Hazard could create something, but he didn't, it was disappointing". I genuinely believe he is trying to get himself sacked.

My Chelsea-supporting mate at work said something similar this morning.

All over the press in snippets on stories from the City v Chelsea game, apparantly Chelsea players were shocked how difficult it was getting the ball off City and how difficult it was to keep the ball once they had it.
Did they think it was a fluke that City were so many points ahead?

So Kante missed the match after fainting in the dressing room? Now that's what I call a fear factor.

So Kante missed the match after fainting in the dressing room? Now that's what I call a fear factor.

Given Davide Astori's death that morning, seeing Kante faint must have been terrifying and distressing for the Chelsea players. Not sure it's a joking matter.

Given Davide Astori's death that morning, seeing Kante faint must have been terrifying and distressing for the Chelsea players. Not sure it's a joking matter.
It was actually at their training ground on Friday, but point taken.

Understandably, Conte would have expected to get the same financial backing as his predecessors but he must realise now that he isn't going to get it and wants out.
The Russian's personal wealth has fallen dramatically in the last years and he can't risk taking the financial hits to bring in the world's best players at their current prices.

So Chelsea will now be working to a budget which is going to deteriorate further if they don't qualify for the CL. Then there's the new stadium whose costs are now 1 billion but could well rise further- completion not until 2024.

Settling for a 1-0 defeat avoids major personal embarrassment - Conte is a proud man.

Understandably, Conte would have expected to get the same financial backing as his predecessors but he must realise now that he isn't going to get it and wants out.
The Russian's personal wealth has fallen dramatically in the last years and he can't risk taking the financial hits to bring in the world's best players at their current prices.

So Chelsea will now be working to a budget which is going to deteriorate further if they don't qualify for the CL. Then there's the new stadium whose costs are now 1 billion but could well rise further- completion not until 2024.

Settling for a 1-0 defeat avoids major personal embarrassment - Conte is a proud man.

I don't know the ins and outs of Roman's personal finances but I've assumed for a while that they've been reigning the spending somewhat because of the new stadium and what it will cost. The fact that the costs are already standing at £1 billion and they haven't even started on it yet would suggest that it could rise to something north of £1.5 billion. That's some serious wonga for something that isn't going to be ready for another 6 years at least - as fantastic as the plans look, I can't help but think it's just a tad too ambitious and they might be better off looking at cheaper alternatives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.