Our Defence

Actually neither Bravo nor Ederson officially get a clean sheet for the Liverpool game despite us keeping one, which is complete BS in my opinion.
Just checked the rules and you need to play a minimum of 60 minutes, surely with keepers it should default to whoever plays longest or starts/finishes the game seeing as there's an award for most clean sheets.

remind me, how are the 'golden gloves' awarded. Is it for clean sheets? Eddie still in with a good chance then.

Ederson is still 2 behind De Gea, all being well, this weekend on form should take it to one difference. He's in with a very decent shout.

Merson especially would love our defence to be leaky! It's one of the last hopes City haters have along with human rights records, Sanchez turning Utd good, that pep will be thrown out of England for wearing a ribbon....

On the defensive issue, even last year I didnt think they were that bad, just that we were'nt scoring and our style means we have to score. We had to get used to the style and intensity too.

I don't mind Jenas but Merson doesn't know what day it is. Absolutely clueless when it comes to anything football related.

Thing is, I can kind of see what people mean when they say it. City play with such a high line that when they lose the ball the defence is always exposed. It's the same kind of point when there's moaning about the tactical fouls - any team caught out high up the pitch will do that, but City by definition of how they play will be caught that way more often.

The Leicester game recently was a good example of that - although City romped home in the end, the speed of Leicester's breaks definitely caused City problems, and we know all too well that last season the slow full backs left City thoroughly open to conceding goals, albeit a keeper who saved one or two might have been a help.

So in a way, it's true, City can be got at, but you first have to get the ball of them, and then have to attack with real pace and precision when you do. But of course that's a nuanced position to take, which is why it's not that the comments are wrong, it's that they're grotesquely simplistic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.