Bobby Duncan

I just read "We are delighted to announce the signing of Man City and England striker Bobby Duncan" and almost shat myself.

I will never see good news in a young kid being signed up to a football agent,i know its a normal part of the game these days but i only see them as self serving,and occasionally disruptive,to a kids future.
Hopefully Bobby and his family are patient(within reason)and level headed in regards to his progression path.

He's a fantastic talent with an incredibly bright future,i just hope we soon don't start hearing stories regarding contract/playing time discontentment.

I'm with you on this one.

I'd rather they were with a reputable agency than have a family member represent them. Whenever we seem to have trouble, particularly with the kids, the parents are involved.

Triple S also represent Angus Gunn and Toni Duggan, so the club is pretty familiar with them, and I don't recall either of those giving us grief.

I'd rather they were with a reputable agency than have a family member represent them. Whenever we seem to have trouble, particularly with the kids, the parents are involved.

Triple S also represent Angus Gunn and Toni Duggan, so the club is pretty familiar with them, and I don't recall either of those giving us grief.

Agreed. Parents and family are usually terrible at these things.

Maybe you should tell Foden, Diaz, Tosin, Nmecha, Dale Bashirhu and possibly Zinchenko
Zinchenko yes, and he is the template, sadly for foden he was injured just when he might have got some starts.

But that's still not enough, and even more so if you look back in mid 2017 when we lost Sancho as well. Our policy going back to the few years previous 2017 was pretty pathetic unfortunately, especially when you consider we used to be pretty decent until 2009ish (Swp, Sturridge, Michael Johnson, Ireland, Micah Richards)

Zinchenko yes, and he is the template, sadly for foden he was injured just when he might have got some starts.

But that's still not enough, and even more so if you look back in mid 2017 when we lost Sancho as well. Our policy going back to the few years previous 2017 was pretty pathetic unfortunately, especially when you consider we used to be pretty decent until 2009ish (Swp, Sturridge, Michael Johnson, Ireland, Micah Richards)
I agree that since we got good, not many young players have been given a chance (until this season). Don't think that is why Duncan is leaving though - he's a dyed in the wool Liverpudlian, but Liverpool's set up to age 16 is not as good as ours. Was always a bit surprising that Gerrard's cousin was on our books tbh.

I agree that since we got good, not many young players have been given a chance (until this season). Don't think that is why Duncan is leaving though - he's a dyed in the wool Liverpudlian, but Liverpool's set up to age 16 is not as good as ours. Was always a bit surprising that Gerrard's cousin was on our books tbh.
He hasn’t gone there though, has he? Free agent I believe. Seems a weird one.

He hasn’t gone there though, has he? Free agent I believe. Seems a weird one.
I think he is still officially our player, just hasn't played a game all season (except internationals). He turns 17 in June so he can sign for whoever he likes then. Bit weird that he has basically written off a year of his career just to force a move, if that is indeed the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.