How many points to win the league?

Yes you are because its your default position.

16 points fucking clear man, enjoy it, it's over and we are the league champions!

Ok boss
Promise next season I'll be Mr Positive!
I blame my girlfriend for leaving me and making me miserable.

Where are we going to get them though?

We still have to play sides we have already beaten this season so it's going to be really tough of that i'm certain.

Me too. And Pep will be concentrating on champs league, take his eye off the real prize and we will lose the next 7. Will be exciting though

9 games left, if we win our next two the gap stays at 16 points at least regardless what either of them do. Beat rags will be 19 with 6 games left?

So 3 wins?

9 games left, if we win our next two the gap stays at 16 points at least regardless what either of them do. Beat rags will be 19 with 6 games left?

So 3 wins?

Might be wrong with all the fixture changes but don't Liverpool play three games whilst we play 2 so it might only stay at 16 points if Liverpool don't beat United.

Though as they will have played a game more that will still only mean we need 3 wins , if the third is United, as our goal difference is far superior to the others.

So 3 wins?
If we beat stoke, Everton and united then united can't catch us - but Liverpool may still be able to

If we beat stoke, Everton and united then united can't catch us - but Liverpool may still be able to

on points maybe but they’d have to overhaul a GD superior by 28! Their max points is 87, 3 wins takes us to 87

They might not give us the trophy but win the next 3...

Ive come to the opinion that they're either trolls or morons.

I've even offered £10k bets to them that the league is won, oddly no takers even though they keep saying we could fuck up.

Crazy no one has taken you up when you are offering evens when someone could put 10k on the rags winning it and win 810k! How odd. As for the for the trolls or morons comment I think we all just want it done ASAP! And I would much rather we were cautious (perhaps in the extreme) than behave like the dippers.

One booky is suggesting there is a 1 percent chance of it happening. I would say that is about right. Most of us just want it against the rags.

If we are to win it definitely Vs the rags, it will be somewhat interesting to see how many of their supporters will attend on the day. If we have already won it by then I would guess their support would be even smaller. Either way they won't want to party.

I don't know if it's been said - thousands of threads and millions of posts on this forum - but I looked at some stats from the Premier League....

We are record holders for most consecutive wins (18, between 26 August 2017 and 27 December 2017).
We already hold the record for most consecutive home wins (20, between 5 March 2011 and 21 March 2012).
We also hold the joint record for most consecutive away wins (11, between 21 May 2017 and 27 December 2017).

We are also;
5 wins short of Chelsea's 'most wins in a season' (30 games out of 38) - we are currently 25 wins and have 9 games remaining.
4 Away wins short of 'most away wins in a season' (15 games out of 19) - we are currently 11 away wins and have 5 away games remaining.
20 goals short of Chelsea's 'most goals scored in a season' (103, 2009-2010) - we currently have 83 goals.
8 goals short of Chelsea's 'best goal difference in a season' (71, 2009-2010) - we currently have a goal difference of 63.
17 points short of Chelsea's 'most points in a season' (95 points, 2004-2005) - we are currently on 78 points.

IF we win all of our games, and United win all of theirs (other than the Derby);
We will have 105 points to their 86 points, making us the Biggest (19 points) and Smallest (0 points, 2011-2012 season) Title-winning margin holders of all time.

We could only be 1 win short of Chelsea, United & our own joint record of most home wins in a season (18) - as we currently have 14 home wins and we only have 4 home games left.

All of this - plus our own achievements at the club this season!

I, for one, am as happy as Larry - I've followed City since the 90's and I never EVER thought we'd be in the History books like that.

Regardless of this season's outcome - which, I must say, I am very confident about, we have come a long, long way.

Can we all just take a moment to reflect on that?
Just shows how good that Chelsea team was. If City break all their records then we will have totally rewritten Premier League history. Would love to know how we compare with the great teams of the pre-Premier League history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.