Breaking records/stats thread

Pep should set out his stall after the league is won, to break as many records as possible. So yes I would like to go and break Chelsea's record of 95pts in a season, and also their record of 105 goals scored. So if that means the fringe players will only get a substitute appearances so be it. We need to set out our stall ,so that we finish on a high so that teams know that we will not be letting up. We should finish this season they way we started it and go out with as many records as possible. should this mean that a couple of teams will getting a hammering so be it. if we let up the press will be slating us for letting up and saying that we're not as good as pep thinks we are.

Pep should set out his stall after the league is won, to break as many records as possible. So yes I would like to go and break Chelsea's record of 95pts in a season, and also their record of 105 goals scored. So if that means the fringe players will only get a substitute appearances so be it. We need to set out our stall ,so that we finish on a high so that teams know that we will not be letting up. We should finish this season they way we started it and go out with as many records as possible. should this mean that a couple of teams will getting a hammering so be it. if we let up the press will be slating us for letting up and saying that we're not as good as pep thinks we are.

I hope so.

We should really be breaking 100 points. That would be a pretty big milestone and also a massive psychological blow to would be challengers. If we end the season OK, drop a bunch of points because we're rotating for the CL or resting people, we might win the league by 12 points over Liverpool. Those Liverpool players will know they can be 12 points better, easily. Just keeping Karius, having VVD for a whole season and Naby Keita arriving might do that.

Now imagine if we keep up the standards we've set already...get 103 points. We probably win the league by 20 points. The biggest winning margin in the history of English football, 20+ points ahead of Liverpool, maybe closer to 30 points ahead of Spurs and United. Those teams will spend all summer knowing they can't reach that. Like so many teams in the second half of this season, they'll be beaten before the ball is kicked because they won't believe they can match that.

I dont think we’ll reach 100pts, title is won now, champs lg will become priority which will mean prem lg games will see “squad players” playing more games which will prob unfortunatly see more points dropped than would be with normal 1st team
There is no reason our squad players shouldn't be winning our last few games, and he won't make lots of changes two or three each game

If we keep up our current points per game, we'll finish the season on 103 points.

For context, that's not only the biggest points tally in English football history, but also more than the highest points total in Italy (102), Spain (100), France (96), Germany (101 adjusted for 38 games) and Portugal (98, adjusted)

That's going to be pretty bloody hard. It means winning 8 and drawing 1 of the remaining 9 games, but when you look at our opposition (Stoke, Brighton, Everton, United, Spurs, Swansea, West Ham, Huddersfield, Southampton) I think it's possible. We have 2 hard games remaining, and a bunch of awful sides and some midtable sides who will be going on holiday shortly.

I dont think we’ll reach 100pts, title is won now, champs lg will become priority which will mean prem lg games will see “squad players” playing more games which will prob unfortunatly see more points dropped than would be with normal 1st team

There is no reason our squad players shouldn't be winning our last few games, and he won't make lots of changes two or three each game

Competition levels in the squad are about to go through the roof. Jesus is back from injury, Sané is back in form, Gundogan and Bernardo have hit their stride and Mendy is returning. With no domestic cup games left, every league game we have after sealing the title is going to be an audition to get a starting spot in the next CL game. Not to mention players trying to earn starts in the world cup.

Foden youngest English player in the knockout stages and youngest player to play for an English club in the knockout stages.

Think Chelsea's goal record is 103.

I know Arsenal had 18 different scorers in a 42 game season. What's the record for 38 game season. We are at 13 at the minute

Players yet to score in the league:
Yaya
Mendy
Laporte
Foden
Diaz
Stones
Walker
Zinchenko
Ederson
Bravo

Last edited:
I know Arsenal had 18 different scorers in a 42 game season. What's the record for 38 game season. We are at 12 at the minute

Players yet to score in the league:
Yaya
Mendy
Laporte
Delph
Foden
Diaz
Stones
Walker
Zinchenko
Ederson... Ha

Like the thought of us playing a reverse formation to get this done.

Delph has scored in the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.