NAC Breda 2017/2018

Garcia (20) and Angelino (21) surely have to come back and have a crack at making it. The summer tour should be a fascinating time for many of these guys.

Garcia (20) and Angelino (21) surely have to come back and have a crack at making it. The summer tour should be a fascinating time for many of these guys.
When is the preseason games? Will anyone who plays in the world cup, play in preseason as well?

When is the preseason games? Will anyone who plays in the world cup, play in preseason as well?

Not so sure.

Details of this year's US tour have still not been made available, but last summer the three games were played between 20-29 July, and with the Community Shield (presumptuous) probably taking place August 11th/12th this year, and the World Cup ending 15th July, I doubt many World Cup players will be involved in the US. Even if all our participants failed to get through the group stages in Russia, they would still be involved up until June 28th at the latest. That wouldn't give players long to rest after such a mammoth season.

I have a recollection that Guardiola mentioned in a press conference, back in February, that he had an idea who would be involved in the summer tour. I expect it will predominantly be returning loanees that play in the US and new signings/squad players as well. No idea what other preseason games will be organized, but presumably there will be something squeezed in before the Community Shield.

Not exactly NAC related, but PSV lost 5-0 today to relegation threatened Willem II, what the fuck? I'm not that well up on the Eredivise, but that's still got to be one of the biggest shocks in world football for quite some time?

Not so sure.

Details of this year's US tour have still not been made available, but last summer the three games were played between 20-29 July, and with the Community Shield (presumptuous) probably taking place August 11th/12th this year, and the World Cup ending 15th July, I doubt many World Cup players will be involved in the US. Even if all our participants failed to get through the group stages in Russia, they would still be involved up until June 28th at the latest. That wouldn't give players long to rest after such a mammoth season.

I have a recollection that Guardiola mentioned in a press conference, back in February, that he had an idea who would be involved in the summer tour. I expect it will predominantly be returning loanees that play in the US and new signings/squad players as well. No idea what other preseason games will be organized, but presumably there will be something squeezed in before the Community Shield.
Hoping for Gunn, Maffeo, Tosin, Angelino, Manu Garcia, Foden, Diaz and maybe Smith or Davenport to be involved. It would be great to see Eric Garcia (17 year old CB signed from Barca) play as well, but it's unlikely. Every time I've seen him this season I have been incredibly impressed. Solid as a rock defensively, and he is a very good passer. Can play RB as well

Hoping for Gunn, Maffeo, Tosin, Angelino, Manu Garcia, Foden, Diaz and maybe Smith or Davenport to be involved. It would be great to see Eric Garcia (17 year old CB signed from Barca) play as well, but it's unlikely. Every time I've seen him this season I have been incredibly impressed. Solid as a rock defensively, and he is a very good passer. Can play RB as well

Great opportunity for all the players to impress the management and for the management to have them all under the microscope. Depending on the deal tied with Girona, I suspect some may be back from there, too. Might not be what the sponsors and media want, but most true fans will be very happy to see the fruits of the academy on display.

Always thought Manu Garcia was a player that would do better in a top team who played football.
Rather than a team that struggled to put two passes together .Such a classy player.

NAC supporter here. Manu Garcia has been absolutely top class for us. On the ball he's probably one of, if not the best, midfielder in the Eredivisie. he will absolutely be sorely missed after this season but i'm happy we got to enjoy him for the last 1.5 season so I guess we have City to thank for that.

He had a big part in helping us promote to the Eredivisie last season but also noticed he had to get used to the higher level of play in the 1st half of this season. Ever since our coach positioned him as a central midfielder after the first 10 matches or so he has really grown into his role. Physically and conditionally he's also much improved compared to a year ago, though I don't know if it will be enough for the Premier League, to be honest. Because that is still quite a leap from the Eredivisie. Perhaps he should get a chance at Girona first and then make the move back to Manchester.

We're also very happy with Angelino, especially his offensive capabilities. Defensive wise he's not the best honestly, but in the Eredivisie you can get away with that. PSV tried to buy him during the winter break. They offered 8M Euro, but City wanted 10-15M, so we're super happy he can at least finish the season with us.

Ambrose has already scored 10 goals for us so far (including goals against the traditional top 3 Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord) and recently has been playing as a right or left winger after we hired Sadiq Umar from AS Roma. On the pitch he has great chemistry with Sadiq and Angelino and he has a fantastic mentality. Would love it if he could stay with us for one more season but I think he's ready for a better team.

Pablo Mari and Agyepong are not good enough for City, and especially in the 1st half of the season Mari didn't do so good with us either, but the last 10 games or so he's been really solid. The only disappointment so far of the 6 players we have on loan from City would be Paolo Fernandes. Clearly he has a lot of talent, and can do fantastic things with a ball (maybe even more so than Manu Garcia) but he really needs time to get used to professional league football and has to improve physically and conditionally before he could become a good player for us. I do hope City would allow him to stay with us for one more season but since he didn't play a lof of games for us I don't know if he'd want to stay here any longer.

Honestly, I was hesitant having so much players on loan from City, especially because they're still very young and unexperienced. But they've really grown and improved a lot and I'm sad to see most of them go after this season. They are showing real passion and they have a great relationship with our supporters. something I would not have expected before this season, because it's a big risk to build your team around them after a promotion. Really curious to see what City will send our way next season, but so far I'm supper happy with the partnership we have with them, and I think they are quite happy with us as well. I think so far it has been a win-win situation for both sides!

NAC supporter here. Manu Garcia has been absolutely top class for us. On the ball he's probably one of, if not the best, midfielder in the Eredivisie. he will absolutely be sorely missed after this season but i'm happy we got to enjoy him for the last 1.5 season so I guess we have City to thank for that.

He had a big part in helping us promote to the Eredivisie last season but also noticed he had to get used to the higher level of play in the 1st half of this season. Ever since our coach positioned him as a central midfielder after the first 10 matches or so he has really grown into his role. Physically and conditionally he's also much improved compared to a year ago, though I don't know if it will be enough for the Premier League, to be honest. Because that is still quite a leap from the Eredivisie. Perhaps he should get a chance at Girona first and then make the move back to Manchester.

We're also very happy with Angelino, especially his offensive capabilities. Defensive wise he's not the best honestly, but in the Eredivisie you can get away with that. PSV tried to buy him during the winter break. They offered 8M Euro, but City wanted 10-15M, so we're super happy he can at least finish the season with us.

Ambrose has already scored 10 goals for us so far (including goals against the traditional top 3 Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord) and recently has been playing as a right or left winger after we hired Sadiq Umar from AS Roma. On the pitch he has great chemistry with Sadiq and Angelino and he has a fantastic mentality. Would love it if he could stay with us for one more season but I think he's ready for a better team.

Pablo Mari and Agyepong are not good enough for City, and especially in the 1st half of the season Mari didn't do so good with us either, but the last 10 games or so he's been really solid. The only disappointment so far of the 6 players we have on loan from City would be Paolo Fernandes. Clearly he has a lot of talent, and can do fantastic things with a ball (maybe even more so than Manu Garcia) but he really needs time to get used to professional league football and has to improve physically and conditionally before he could become a good player for us. I do hope City would allow him to stay with us for one more season but since he didn't play a lof of games for us I don't know if he'd want to stay here any longer.

Honestly, I was hesitant having so much players on loan from City, especially because they're still very young and unexperienced. But they've really grown and improved a lot and I'm sad to see most of them go after this season. They are showing real passion and they have a great relationship with our supporters. something I would not have expected before this season, because it's a big risk to build your team around them after a promotion. Really curious to see what City will send our way next season, but so far I'm supper happy with the partnership we have with them, and I think they are quite happy with us as well. I think so far it has been a win-win situation for both sides!
Great post, and welcome to the forum. It looks like Manu Garcia and Angelino is ready for a new challenge somewhere else, but I expect that we will send you some new players. Ambrose might go back as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.