US vs UK culture

Considering the prices in the UK and Oz, we can afford it here! Even with 15%, th8ngs are still squally about 25% cheaper! I was just out enjoying a 16oz sirloin steak, cooked and seasoned to perfection, baked potato and broccoli, side salad and a 22oz COLD beer...$25 (£18). With generous tip, $30 (£22). Haven’t find that in and around Manchester recently.
Steak is about the only thing worth eating there though. Melted cheese on everything and "Italian" food with a pound of sugar in the revolting "sauce"

The US struggles with culture because they don' actually have a name for their country.....The United States of America is a description, not a name. And until they actually call themselves something proper this culture thingy will always elude them.
Lack of identity = lack of self.
Unlike here in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Hahaha!

Safer streets and “free” healthcare?

1) Almost every American street is safer than almost any downtown UK High street at closing time, otherwise they’re both just fine.
2) Nothing is free. But you certainly get what you pay for in the U.K., which is not much at all!
#1 makes no sense at all. Come to think if it, neither does #2.

When there’s a flood and the sandbags run out, you can use burritos as backup in the US. In fact you could probably build a sturdy house/dam with them. You’d never be allowed to enter a UK football stadium with a US burrito.

Funny
Typical septic. He probably thinks that deep pan shite pizza is tasty and better than the Romans can serve up.
Funny enough, the only place I've ever seen or tried a deep pan pizza was in London back in the early 80's

I once pointed out to a US boarder patrol guard on the tiajuana boarder crossing who was being a twat that we have pubs in the Uk that are older than the United States. He didnt have an answer.
The US is ine of a few first world countries I wouldnt live in rather than the UK.
Their culture is plastic and fake. Its ok in limited amounts..all glitz and glamour but no substance and that is pretty much the whole states summed up.
You haven't been to the right places then, mate .Yes, New York City, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, etc are exactly that. However, many many places in the States aren't that way and despise the "culture" of those cities.

As an Indian, I guess you probably have some appreciation of cricket. Can imagine taking an American to a T20 game but not to a 5 day test with very little to whoop and holler about.

Temperamentally, you might find Brits a little less foreign than yanks.
Of course. You used to "own" India until 1947. ;) They are used to having you around .:)

Considering the prices in the UK and Oz, we can afford it here! Even with 15%, th8ngs are still squally about 25% cheaper! I was just out enjoying a 16oz sirloin steak, cooked and seasoned to perfection, baked potato and broccoli, side salad and a 22oz COLD beer...$25 (£18). With generous tip, $30 (£22). Haven’t find that in and around Manchester recently.
Saw you mentioned steak. Steaks are better in American restaurants all day long in my experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.