Will we hit a 1,000 passes in a game this season.

We should concentrate more on the most important stat after a game which is 'goals for'. That's two and a half games now where we have shown little interest in getting men, and the ball, in the box. Prior to the second half against Arsenal we have always been positve under Pep. Against Chelsea the ball went across the face of the goal at least twice without a blue shirt in sight, and last night, well...... I hope we find it easy to return to normal serce against Stoke, because I want 100 goals!

It was the only thing they were fussed about tonight by the number of times they went sideways instead of forwards. Even the commentators were arguing about it when it was 900 with over 10 minutes to go. Let's hope they don't want to break this record ever again! 1000 and out please. Doing it sucked too much momentum out of the play. But it might be one positive Pep takes out of tonight as he regards that kind of play as important to control phases of the game. And a lot of players got a lot of practice doing it tonight.
Guardiola said after the match we were passing for the sake of it and forgot to play.

We did but I think that sadly happens with Yaya in midfield these days. He just does not have the vision to play an incisive through ball to Sane that we were crying out for all night. So it tends to go sideways and slowly.

Great player that he has been it was a mistake playing him last night if the aim was to win.

But possibly giving him that final big game in one that was as safe to do so as any we will ever get was worth it in context.

I think we all know had Silva been on the bench or KDB brought on for the last 20 minutes we would not have lost and probably won.

The fact he didn't says all about how little it really mattered.

Even the press today are having a hard time making any kind of modest deal out of it. Though Tottenham blowing it did help in that respect.

We should concentrate more on the most important stat after a game which is 'goals for'. That's two and a half games now where we have shown little interest in getting men, and the ball, in the box. Prior to the second half against Arsenal we have always been positve under Pep. Against Chelsea the ball went across the face of the goal at least twice without a blue shirt in sight, and last night, well...... I hope we find it easy to return to normal serce against Stoke, because I want 100 goals!
Ooo You're in the 100 goal club with me ;-)

Did anybody else notice the boards around the stadium during the Chelsea game?

At one point, it said 'Zinchenko has completed more passes (xx) than 9 of Chelsea's outfield players' - somebody pinch me, I think I'm dreaming...

Did anybody else notice the boards around the stadium during the Chelsea game?

At one point, it said 'Zinchenko has completed more passes (xx) than 9 of Chelsea's outfield players' - somebody pinch me, I think I'm dreaming...

I am sure I spotted that too - sure it said Zinchenko had 89 passes compared to 9 Chelsea players who had 81 between them.

Mind you, Hazard and some of the other Chelsea players hardly got a touch never mind a chance to pass. They should be embarassed playing the way they did.

Worth noting that despite enjoying total domination in both games against Chelsea, and also against the Rags last December, we almost conceded a sloppy late equalizer on each occasions.

Possession is fine, but we need to be more clinical, especially in the next round of the CL

I'm not particularly impressed by breaking passing stats records. The most goals scored in a premier league game would be a great record to beat, and the rags hold that with their 9-0 v Ipswich. I want to see a 10-0 demolition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.