US vs UK culture

Saw you mentioned steak. Steaks are better in American restaurants all day long in my experience.
I was sat on a flight next to a cattle executive of a multinational. While I agree that US steak quality is generally far superior to what I have experienced in the UK, he said that American steak taste is less refined than elsewhere in the world, because Americans are anti-fat in their steaks, so marbling is seen as paying for fat (waste), even though it is what tenderizes and luxuriates a good steak. The American consumer wants their steak trimmed to death. But, he said that global tastes are so varied that Americans have “designed” their meat primarily for the home market, as do places that want to (or do) raise their cattle for the American market.

#1 makes no sense at all. Come to think if it, neither does #2.
1) There are far more safe streets in America than the UK.
2) Your “Free” NHS is paid for by someone. Maybe you’re on the dole and it’s not you, so maybe it is free to you. However, in general, taxes pay for govt services, you just don’t the bill every month as a line item.

Hope that helps? Doubt it. Everyone has quickly run to their corners Andy appears desperate to defend them at any cost.

FWIW, there are multiple aspects of culture in the US that are FAR superior to the UK, but then the reverse is absolutely true, too!

I don’t eat cheese, and it is amazing how much cheese is “added” to food. Crazy!

As for sugar in sauce, I’m not sure what you’re eating, but it’s not that hard to make yourself. Sounds like someone is eating out at the Olive Garden a tad too much! ;-)
Some of the places I've worked wouldn't even have an olive garden. There's far worse in your country. The culinary delights of South Dakota spring to mind.

Septic Tank - yank.
That’s quite tortured “Cockney Rhyming slang.” Speaking of which, CRS, really? Jalfraag, what is that Brummie for eBay ladies clothing seller?

Born in Torquay, while my Dad was playing for Torquay FC and raised in and around Manc (Macc, Withy, Radcliffe, Mossley). Family all still live there and I have a season ticket (East Stand Level 2). Don’t confuse where I choose to live and work with who I am.

Hope that is enough, or do you need birth certificate and passport picture page?!

1) There are far more safe streets in America than the UK.
2) Your “Free” NHS is paid for by someone. Maybe you’re on the dole and it’s not you, so maybe it is free to you. However, in general, taxes pay for govt services, you just don’t the bill every month as a line item.

Hope that helps? Doubt it. Everyone has quickly run to their corners Andy appears desperate to defend them at any cost.

FWIW, there are multiple aspects of culture in the US that are FAR superior to the UK, but then the reverse is absolutely true, too!
It is what it is..

That’s quite tortured “Cockney Rhyming slang.” Speaking of which, CRS, really? Jalfraag, what is that Brummie for eBay ladies clothing seller?

Born in Torquay, while my Dad was playing for Torquay FC and raised in and around Manc (Macc, Withy, Radcliffe, Mossley). Family all still live there and I have a season ticket (East Stand Level 2). Don’t confuse where I choose to live and work with who I am.

Hope that is enough, or do you need birth certificate and passport picture page?!
Born in Manchester and lived there 31 years mate.
American food is still shite.

Some of the places I've worked wouldn't even have an olive garden. There's far worse in your country. The culinary delights of South Dakota spring to mind.
Those two thoughts: Culinary delights and South Dakota, may never have been said in the same breath before. Bravo!

That’s like saying the Kebab House down the street is indicative of British cuisine. Oh wait....! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.