RIP Ken Dodd

Watching the 2 programmes on the Beeb tonight - really funny guy - and a proper student of comedy. I recall seeing a documentary on Bob Monkhouse and like Sir Ken both of them were interested not only on getting the laugh but on the mechanics of WHY the laugh occurred - as I say students of comedy.

I saw him about 15 years ago in Rhyl - he had us in stitches until the early hours of the morning. A real master of his craft, a lot of his jokes were well worn old favourites but it was the way he told them that made you laugh so much. It's already been mentioned, but his 'Audience With' is probably the best one that ITV ever commissioned, he absolutely nailed it from start to finish, so much so they gave him a second one which wasn't quite as good inevitably. RIP Doddy! How Tickled We Were!

I saw him about 15 years ago in Rhyl - he had us in stitches until the early hours of the morning. A real master of his craft, a lot of his jokes were well worn old favourites but it was the way he told them that made you laugh so much. It's already been mentioned, but his 'Audience With' is probably the best one that ITV ever commissioned, he absolutely nailed it from start to finish, so much so they gave him a second one which wasn't quite as good inevitably. RIP Doddy! How Tickled We Were!
I agree about the 'Audience with,' the only one that runs it a close second is Kenneth Williams'

Watching the 2 programmes on the Beeb tonight - really funny guy - and a proper student of comedy. I recall seeing a documentary on Bob Monkhouse and like Sir Ken both of them were interested not only on getting the laugh but on the mechanics of WHY the laugh occurred - as I say students of comedy.
I like the comment about him never performing alone... He said it was always a double act.. him and the audience

He'll get a massive turnout at the funeral that's for sure...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.