How many points to win the league?

Am I a bit thick?
I keep seeing / hearing statements that we only need to win TWO more games to clinch the title.
To my mind mathematically we need THREE from the remaining 8 games - Rags have 65 and could get 89 IF they win their remaining games (8 x 3)
We have 81 points and need to equal or better their maximum of 89 - so (3 x 3) gives us 90 points
However IF we beat Everton and then the rags then it will be all over as we'll have 87 on that day and they can only get 86 till the end of the season

It is over 50 years since I passed GCE Maths so I could be wrong or missing something!!!!!!

We need 3 more wins but if one of them is the rags we only need 2

Good point. Ever since they started awarding 20 bonus points for stupid haircuts things have been bleak for City.

His hair will fall out if he keeps on dying it each week , a barbers dream this bloke is come to think of it I can see signs that it already is.

Am I a bit thick?
I keep seeing / hearing statements that we only need to win TWO more games to clinch the title.
To my mind mathematically we need THREE from the remaining 8 games - Rags have 65 and could get 89 IF they win their remaining games (8 x 3)
We have 81 points and need to equal or better their maximum of 89 - so (3 x 3) gives us 90 points
However IF we beat Everton and then the rags then it will be all over as we'll have 87 on that day and they can only get 86 till the end of the season

It is over 50 years since I passed GCE Maths so I could be wrong or missing something!!!!!!
If (when?) we beat the vermin, not only is that three points for us, it's three points less available for the rags. The perfect example of a "six pointer".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.