IF we win the title against the Rags...

BlueBas

IF we win the title against the rags would that be a better feeling than winning it in the last minute in 2012? There would certainly be plenty of satisfaction winning against the rags and the anti-football PEG likes them to play! But the sheer excitement of Aguerrrrrooooos winner in 2012 would be hard to beat IMHO.

IF we win the title against the rags would that be a better feeling than winning it in the last minute in 2012? There would certainly be plenty of satisfaction winning against the rags and the anti-football PEG likes them to play! But the sheer excitement of Aguerrrrrooooos winner in 2012 would be hard to beat IMHO.
No, it won't. The title isn't in doubt at this stage and it'll just be a bit of banter rights to win it against them. It was very much in doubt in 2012 and we snatched it from under the ****s noses.

well me being a negative soul fear it will a) cause trouble if we have a pitch invasion and b) give them endless amounts of motivation and desire for revenge which will be prescribed through the fixture list and refereeing appointments for the following season.

but...

Apart from beating them in a CL Final, I couldn't see a bigger statement that we could make to the international audience that this is how the power lies.

No for me.
I'd have preferred not to have been in that position - but the feeling when THAT goal hit the back of the net will NEVER be replicated for me

Nothing will ever beat the Aguero moment as far as I'm concerned. Obviously winning it against United would be great, but it won't even come close to the QPR gsame for me. Besides, I'm still convinced Everton will throw a spanner in the works.

No because we're going to win the league whether we beat them or not

The feeling I had immediately following the 1-0 win over them in 2011/12 season will be very difficult to surpass

The look on their fans faces after that game will never be forgotten.

No because we're going to win the league whether we beat them or not

The feeling I had immediately following the 1-0 win over them in 2011/12 season will be very difficult to surpass

There were no early leavers that night were there - and your right even winning on 7 April won't surpass the intensity of that win, going into that match the title was still theirs to lose and they gave it up with hardly a fight. If we lose on 7 April it will be annoying - but in the scheme of things won't matter because the two wins we will then need will still come along.

And I don't think it matters how many more times we win the league - for those of us who were involved on that day against QPR nothing is ever going to match it.

Who here thinks that Mourinho might purposely lose the next game so that if we beat them at home it won't mean we won the league there and then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.