Do you really believe the league is over...?

Of course!

My deeply hidden, far in the back of my mind, worst possible nightmare is us doing the Premier League and EFL Cup and them somehow manage to win the Champioms League and FA Cup....and claim they are the better team! UNIMAGINABLE...except in the worst of sweaty nightmares!

Won't happen , Manure will end up with nothing this year except a big divide between Pogba and Mou and Sanchez thinking whoops look like I got it wrong again.

Of course!

My deeply hidden, far in the back of my mind, worst possible nightmare is us doing the Premier League and EFL Cup and them somehow manage to win the Champioms League and FA Cup....and claim they are the better team! UNIMAGINABLE...except in the worst of sweaty nightmares!

It doesn't bear thinking about those bastards winning the CL. Just have to hope someone, even Liverpool if need be, can knock them out over two legs.

Funny how it's worked out.
There's no way we can win it before the derby even if United lose to Swansea the week before and we beat Everton.
As far as they're concerned a draw against us is as good as a win as they've more or less secured second place and the very last thing they will want is for us to win the title aganst them so I fully expect two double decker buses parked on the pitch.
From our point of view it makes little difference if it's a draw or a defeat. We need a win to do it on that day whatever their resiults are before then, so I can see us playing three at the back and playing a very attacking formation at least until we score.
Of course, we need to beat Everton first which is by no means a foregone conclusion.
Can't wait.

If the rags lose the next game and draw the Derby the most points they can get is 84. If City beat Everton and draw the Derby we will have 85 points.
So effectively City would have won the title on goal difference even though Spurs can get to 85 points if they win all their matches. (Assuming a 30 goal differnce is not overturned !)

Looking at the rags remaining fixtures I don't see them dropping many points, leaving ourselves out of the equation. Bournemouth away might be tricky and in the past you would say West Ham too but not now. Arsenal are well......Arsenal.

Us winning our next two games and therefore the league against them would be perfect but difficult. Everton away is a fixture that seems cursed for us and the rags will park a huge bus and rely on the long ball as they did against the dippers. So long as we win it that will do, anything else such as records and winning it against the scum is just the icing on the cake.

Everyone at bloody Everton seems to play well against us. It seems they focus their whole frustration of each season on games against City. It can't just be they're still bitter about Lescott? Very annoying team, Everton, as apart from a few notable exceptions they usually bend over for the rags every year too.

If we lose there again, draw with the parked bus then lose to Spurs away, I assume we'll still win the league by some distance.

Just lost their most influential player Sigurdsson to a knee injury.

As a one off I would love to hear pep’s song blasting out of the tannoys as the players walk out on derby day and 50000 blues joining in.

The one thing that I don't think is being highlighted anything like enough is that we have played 30 games from a 38 game season, in other words we have near enough a quarter of the season remaining and are sat on 81 points. If it wasn't for the two cup weekends coming up we would have wrapped the season up in March.

Put it this way, the second place team is so far behind that we could cancel every game until May and even if the Rags won all 5 of their fixtures they would still be a point behind us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.