Who Will Pose A Threat Next Season

United will spend big again this summer, and will probably be our closest rival. They'll still be playing catch up though.

United will spend big again this summer, and will probably be our closest rival. They'll still be playing catch up though.

The interesting thing is where do they spend big? Full back? Ultimately Valencia and Young have been 2 of their best players, and under modern Mourinho you're never going to get much attacking output out of fullbacks, so it's not an area where they'll buy players that scare opposition - also who's available? Rose seemed nailed on but his injuries have become an issue.

I think United's big problem is Mourinho doesn't trust the defence, and that's backed up by how reliant they are on DDG making saves he shouldn't. That lack of trust turns into a very defensive approach, which makes the forwards look poor.

So to fix that they might get a pair of fullbacks and a workhorse midfielder - it shouldn't cost too much, but might allow the existing forwards to cut loose a bit and look more dangerous.

It will be the same teams as usual, but will depend on a number of things.

How far we or others go in Champions League. As this leaves no rest for players going into the World Cup.

Players representing their country in the World Cup. This possibly will have the biggest effect on players and clubs for the following season.
How far their national teams progress, How many games each player plays, Injury to players, Mentality of players when knocked out or win,
Reduced holiday time and recovery period from end of World Cup to starting new season.

Player recruitment.

Available time for coaching players, to get off too solid start.

After all that the only team that’ll pose a threat to us, is us! It’s all about the hunger and drive our players have.

Liverpool most definately. They are on the verge of something. I dont want another ten or twenty years of fucking scousers and Bread or Brooookside, or Scouse humour and the whole "we're better than the rest of the country" thing. Sorry to anyone from Liverpool on here but I lived through the 80's and all those dodgy moustaches

Only City can stop it

Liverpool have the right man in Klopp to produce similarly scintillating football but their defence needs a major overhaul. They are the team who worry me the most but I think there are a number of teams we should be wary of.

I think it’s premature to suggest we will dominate the league for years to come. After all, Chelsea were clearly the best team in the league last season yet now are clamouring for a top four spot.

it's wenger's last year. scudamore and organization will give title to him like they did to ferguson. peg will have usual 3rd season meltdown. title race will be between two north london clubs.

1. arsenal
2. tottenham
3. city
4. liverpool

year after in 2019-2020 after wenger's retirement title race will be between us and liverpool

1. city
2. liverpool
3. tottenham
4. united (with ancelotti)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.